• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Lucky Me/W\CWM

peasarecool

Feb 15, 2012
Now that I have your attention I will say nothing else about it until someone posts up a backup of the stock recovery. I forgot to and we all need it so come one guys and thank you much. mmcblk0p12 and mmcblk0p13 are in /dev/block/platform/msm_sdcc.2/
zip it, upload it, lets move on

How do I zip this file and download it? I am rooted and can navigate to the file you need using Absolute System Tools App however I can only zip a file if it is on my SD card according to this app. If I select copy it says the file has been copied to my clipboard. Can I zip it from the clipboard? If so how. I am on now and can do this for you if you canwalk me through it.

Upvote 0
FYI I didn't zip the 2 files. If you need them zipped let me know.

That's fine, we're currently working on the warp sequent cwm but you guys are next on his list:) shouldn't be too long, hes a great cwm wizard but don't get your hopes up either he might not have time or feel like doing it but he said he would last night so you guys might have cwm in 2-3 weeks probably way less than that.

Reactions: unclejimmyb
Upvote 0
Hey thanks guys for taking the time just getting back from work or I would have uploaded them. A stock recovery and the ability to make a nandroid backup will give a little more courage with heavy tweaking. I already saw the first this doesn't work after root in the general section. With a stock recovery no big deal if you trash your phone but without it your in soft brick hell. Thanks again.

Reactions: unclejimmyb
Upvote 0
That's fine, we're currently working on the warp sequent cwm but you guys are next on his list:) shouldn't be too long, hes a great cwm wizard but don't get your hopes up either he might not have time or feel like doing it but he said he would last night so you guys might have cwm in 2-3 weeks probably way less than that.

ha, at first i was worried about 2-3 weeks but we are the sequent guys. Glad to see we are first lol. Thanks for everything

Upvote 0
I stupidly being rushed and all flashed the cwm recovery and didnt have time to read that there were bugs :/ anywho I really need to clear my phone up and all that good stuff but it doesnt clear out the data. So guys i was wondering how the heck to get the old recovery back? and maybe the stock rom too lol

thank you in advance :)

God that was written horribly... sorry to plague this D:

I stupidly being rushed, and "newer" to this stuff flashed the cwm, Not knowing (or reading its buggy.)

I wanted to use this phone as a learners excercise for making a rom and what not. I failed miserably and now have to ask for assistance to save my hide D:

I was wondering how to get and flash the stock recovery and stock rom.

I learn more by seeing then reading so to me this isnt the easiest thing and also beng ADD doesnt help.

Also lost my attempt at a rom on a wipe of my gf's laptop -_-

thank you in advance :)

Upvote 0
put the boot.img in the directory that you have adb in. Open up a command prompt as administrator, then type adb reboot bootloader, then it will go to a black screen with green android led should be red, then type fastboot flash boot boot.img

Make sure file you download is renamed to boot.img, after its done type fastboot reboot, and there you go you do not need cwmr to run the new kernal im runing it oh thanks sean82007 the instuctions are his no rick rider on my behalf tho

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones