• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [ROM][ICS] MIUI V4-2.9.14 alpha 4 (9/16/12)

Does this MIUI ROM work for the Sprint LG Marquee LS855 with Android 2.3.4? This looks like an awesome ROM and i really want it but i don't want to take the chance of bricking my phone so i need to know if it is compatible with my phone or not.

If ur phone is rooted. And cwm is installed, go to the first post ans download the sprint version.

Reactions: Thadd Valeika
Upvote 0
Does this MIUI ROM work for the Sprint LG Marquee LS855 with Android 2.3.4? This looks like an awesome ROM and i really want it but i don't want to take the chance of bricking my phone so i need to know if it is compatible with my phone or not.

Yes there are two versions one for boost and one for Sprint, but make sure you have tour, and custom recovery installed. Make a nandroid backup and also do a complete wipe of your current Rom then install the s version of miui. Hope I helped.

Upvote 0
Ok thank you. i have CTMOD 3.68 flashed on my phone already and it has "Goo Manager" already pre-installed. i went to that and checked out the ROMs that it says are compatible with my phone and and it said that CTMOD and MIUI where compatible so i just downloaded the MIUI. would that have already downloaded the Sprint one or do i need to download it from my PC just to make sure im flashing the right one?

Upvote 0
Ok thank you. i have CTMOD 3.68 flashed on my phone already and it has "Goo Manager" already pre-installed. i went to that and checked out the ROMs that it says are compatible with my phone and and it said that CTMOD and MIUI where compatible so i just downloaded the MIUI. would that have already downloaded the Sprint one or do i need to download it from my PC just to make sure im flashing the right one?

Yes that should work. I always download from the website. Never from a manager. But thats just me. Back up. Wipe. Reboot recovery. Flash rom. I even wipe davlik just to make sure nothing gets carried over to cause issues.

Upvote 0
I am loving this ROM!!! It requires a few fixes in my opinion but man, I love new stuff. I like the simplicity of the GUI and how the download bar looks among other small changes.

Gets a little hot, don't you think? Downloaded Voltage Control and set to 300/800 MHz and it's still pretty hot. I'd like a percent of battery left including the battery bar, but if that's not possible, no harm done.

I love this ROM!

Reactions: MistPhoenix
Upvote 0
I've been running it for about 2 weeks now and

- the battery drains fast with 200/600 CPU settings
- 3G comes up after Wi-Fi. I did have a problem getting 3G after getting outta airplane mode tho
- The camera :(
- the SMS :(
- random rebooting :(
- cant use headphones to listen to the person on the other line and still talk thru the phone receiver (could do that in CTMOD)

Other than that, great rom

Upvote 0

- 3G comes up after Wi-Fi. I did have a problem getting 3G after getting outta airplane mode tho
- cant use headphones to listen to the person on the other line and still talk thru the phone receiver (could do that in CTMOD)

whats wrong with sms? both sms and mms are fully working.

Upvote 0

I had the same problem with random rebooting but i know eventually this ROM will be bug free. you just have to give them some time and have some patients. i know its hard ;)

Upvote 0
Wat? you sure your battery didn't die bro? Installing a theme through the theme manager isn't going to brick a phone, I've used it and everything was fine. All it does is download a file to your sdcard that contains images and then applies it.

Could be hardware failure or your battery.

You have to enable root access, open up LBE Guard, select manage root permissions and enable it at the top. Now press back and select apps, make sure the root apps you have installed are trusted and allowed.

Hello Sir.
I really need help, yesterday i installed this ROM and put my phone and got it set up and then put my phone on charge last night around 10 p.m. The next morning i wake up and my phone is really hot, ( this has never happened before). I try to turn on my phone but doesn't. I let the phone cool and take battery out and try again but still nothing. So i then plug my phone to the charger again and my phone turns on, it goes up to the booting screen and starts bootlooping. I can't seem to get into recovery mode too. Help what should i do and how long should/ which buttons should i hold in order to recovery mode/ cwm mode.

Thanky you for your time to help if you do!

Upvote 0
Hello Sir.
I really need help, yesterday i installed this ROM and put my phone and got it set up and then put my phone on charge last night around 10 p.m. The next morning i wake up and my phone is really hot, ( this has never happened before). I try to turn on my phone but doesn't. I let the phone cool and take battery out and try again but still nothing. So i then plug my phone to the charger again and my phone turns on, it goes up to the booting screen and starts bootlooping. I can't seem to get into recovery mode too. Help what should i do and how long should/ which buttons should i hold in order to recovery mode/ cwm mode.

Thanky you for your time to help if you do!

are you stuck on the LG logo or the MIUI boot animation

Upvote 0
Couldn't send messages. I took a screenshot and tried to show my sister the new ROM I got. Just said "Sending..." for a long time.

Was WIFI or Data enabled? if you try and send a picture, your WIFI or data has to be turned on and the reason i ask if it's turned on or not is because with the LG Marquee, it likes to drain your battery like crazy and people such as myself turn the data off so my battery will last me throughout the whole day instead of 3 or 4 hours and that is just when the phone is on idle. when im actually using the phone it will drain my battery within about 2 1/2 hours. its bad :(

Upvote 0
Was WIFI or Data enabled? if you try and send a picture, your WIFI or data has to be turned on and the reason i ask if it's turned on or not is because with the LG Marquee, it likes to drain your battery like crazy and people such as myself turn the data off so my battery will last me throughout the whole day instead of 3 or 4 hours and that is just when the phone is on idle. when im actually using the phone it will drain my battery within about 2 1/2 hours. its bad :(
I tried first for data, and then with Wifi and it was a no-go for me.

Yes the battery draining is bad.

Camera problems, blood, are that it takes distorted green pictures.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones