• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

What Goeth on in Your neck of the woods?

MB, what do you mean focal point gone...Is moms ok (I am hoping its a positive response)?
Thanks, Rico, but no, Mom's not okay. Unfortunately, she died last week. :(

Why not get with a close friend or relative, get out of the house and do dinner at one of those restaurants you've always say you like to go, but things always came up...do one thing different today...
Funny you should suggest that--there's a vegan restaurant I've never been to a few miles away that has its monthly buffet today. I was thinking about going, but pretty much decided I wouldn't. Now? I'm not so sure. :)

Reactions: ocnbrze
Upvote 0
I'd give it a go MB, all you have to lose is the experience of that eatery, and a few dollars. ;)

Once again sorry about you mom.

I'm currently waiting to see my chiropractor, and they have a bowl full of those strawberry candies sitting in front of me. I'm going to go into sugar overload, can't stop eating....resistance is futile...:p

Upvote 0

Funny you should suggest that--there's a vegan restaurant I've never been to a few miles away that has its monthly buffet today. I was thinking about going, but pretty much decided I wouldn't. Now? I'm not so sure. :)

Oh, I had no idea, I just read the thread and posted , late but posted. Now you G J T up from there and go! Seriously do something new and different each week If not each day. I went through the same thing.. (my mom was in her 40s ) and believe me, family , friends and staying busy coped with the days ahead. You'll have your 'moments' and its okay... you need them..

in time, you'll cope by the good times and laugh about those.. A N D you'll think back on 'that day when you went to the vegan restaurant for the first time was a good thing'

Upvote 0
I'd give it a go MB, all you have to lose is the experience of that eatery, and a few dollars. ;)
I may try next month. Right now, I don't feel hungry enough to really enjoy an all-you-can-eat buffet!

Once again sorry about you mom.
Thanks. It's getting easier. Each day is a little better.

I'm currently waiting to see my chiropractor, and they have a bowl full of those strawberry candies sitting in front of me. I'm going to go into sugar overload, can't stop eating....resistance is futile...:p
Oh, do you mean the candies wrapped in red foil that looks like a strawberry? And the hard candy has a soft strawberry-flavored center? I LOVE those! :)

Upvote 0
@wyndys. And I'LL gitcha for "that" one, sistah! .:D I have "yawl" rascallions know, I is swavay enough to be the leading star in a well-known Soap Opry!

picsay-1356991835.jpg

Now you KNOW the sure way to beat those bloo's is get Sir Granite to ship those chocos to you same-day-delivey, put on that "FluffyTheCat-Housecoat" curl up with the finest bottle of vintage champipple and turn on the toob to watch "Rico & The Restless"

Upvote 0

sorry to hear about your mom. i just posted in your thread as i know what you are going thru as i went thru it with my dad.

my heart and sympathy goes out to you:)

Reactions: MoodyBlues
Upvote 0
Picked up the new to me truck today. It has a working AC woohooo. (trust me in south georgia that is a major deal) it will still take a little getting used to the fact that its red and not grey like my old one. also drives a tad differently. I'm happy and sad at the same time. I'm going to miss my old truck but the new one has things it didn't like the AC.

Upvote 0
went fishing yesterday... 2 hr drive from Arlington Texas.

the fish (11 - 14 inch bass) .. after noon.. were biting like crazy..
we filled a big ice chess in 3 hrs. about 50 fish.

totally fun.. Great weather.. 60 degree with 9 mph winds from sounth.
i am a little sun burned.

the friend that took me to the spot.. made me promise not to tell anyone. LOL.

Upvote 0
went fishing yesterday... 2 hr drive from Arlington Texas.

the fish (11 - 14 inch bass) .. after noon.. were biting like crazy..
we filled a big ice chess in 3 hrs. about 50 fish.

totally fun.. Great weather.. 60 degree with 9 mph winds from sounth.
i am a little sun burned.

the friend that took me to the spot.. made me promise not to tell anyone. LOL.

Oooh! Now we know the the area, just need to bribe the spot from you. XD

Upvote 0
Life is a roller coaster then the dang belt breaks and you fall out of the car and plummet to not death but a lot of brokenness. That about sums it up for me lately. However just because there is a lot of brokenness it doesn't mean I'm out for the count.

I have been slowly learning how to heal and get back in the car of life. It's very difficult sometimes but its necessary if you are to move on. Don't let Life get you down (I know easier said then done) Instead look at what you do have and who you have and start building a better life on and with that.

Peace be with you all my friends and until we meet again have an awesome weekend. :)

Upvote 0
Life is a roller coaster then the dang belt breaks and you fall out of the car and plummet to not death but a lot of brokenness. That about sums it up for me lately. However just because there is a lot of brokenness it doesn't mean I'm out for the count.

I have been slowly learning how to heal and get back in the car of life. It's very difficult sometimes but its necessary if you are to move on. Don't let Life get you down (I know easier said then done) Instead look at what you do have and who you have and start building a better life on and with that.

Peace be with you all my friends and until we meet again have an awesome weekend. :)

Could not have said it more eloquently! This summer makes a third roller-coaster derail in my Ride Along The Way. I got through the first bump with the help of a song that was BRAND NEW and Released RIGHT ON TIME that became my life's theme since that first scare in 2004

Argedion, I "HEAR" you! I found myself falling onto that song again a little less than 2yrs ago and again just this July with a whole new setback (heart)

and I thought I wasn't old enough for the latter. I've resolved to this fact. ...despite it all, I Wont Give Up If You Don't Give Up!

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones