• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

2.1 back down to 1.5 WITHOUT ROOT! (READ POST #102)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Oh no i WILL put my money where my mouth is. $100 is nothing, trust me. Its just a small reward for those here who have made a mistake and would like to root. Its my gift to the community if he comes through. I'm not going to renig on my offer trust me. I'm a businessman and have a business paypal account so it would come from my business, it would basically be written off at the end of the year anyhow so no biggie. My word is worth more than $100 to me. I have never bullshitted anyone here, i have not always been as informed as i would like but in those posts i made it very clear that i could be wrong. What i'm saying is i've been in the "hacking" community for over 15 years and this kind of thing happens everytime without fail. Someone claims a friend of a friend has this and that and it never materializes, ever. If it does happen, great. He'll get a $100 + whatever anyone else wishes to donate. I really hope he does have what he is claiming, but judging by his attitude when only a couple people have questioned him, well you be the judge. But hey hopefully i'm wrong and hopefully he has a paypal account :)

Upvote 0
I gave my cousin my phone last week so he could try and downgrade it to 1.5 because if you all remember I was having trackball issues and they wouldn't take it because it had 2.1 on it. Well, my cousin is basically a coding genius. He found a loop hole in the code that allows you to downgrade your 2.1 eris back down to 1.5 without root. He finally got mine today and if you guys want I'll post pictures tomorrow with my firmware and kernel number and everything. I would post them now but my mom has the only camera besides the one on my Eris and she's not home. He said that he'll give me a tutorial sometime this weekend or some time around there so that I could post it on here (he has college finals this week and doesn't have time to write it up).

I'll keep you guys updated on it and post it once he emails it to me.

I'll be patiently waiting for a tutorial on this, hope you can deliver on what you're promising. You'd make a lot of people happy that's for sure

Upvote 0
Oh no i WILL put my money where my mouth is. $100 is nothing, trust me. Its just a small reward for those here who have made a mistake and would like to root. Its my gift to the community if he comes through. I'm not going to renig on my offer trust me. I'm a businessman and have a business paypal account so it would come from my business, it would basically be written off at the end of the year anyhow so no biggie. My word is worth more than $100 to me. I have never bullshitted anyone here, i have not always been as informed as i would like but in those posts i made it very clear that i could be wrong. What i'm saying is i've been in the "hacking" community for over 15 years and this kind of thing happens everytime without fail. Someone claims a friend of a friend has this and that and it never materializes, ever. If it does happen, great. He'll get a $100 + whatever anyone else wishes to donate. I really hope he does have what he is claiming, but judging by his attitude when only a couple people have questioned him, well you be the judge. But hey hopefully i'm wrong and hopefully he has a paypal account :)
no one likes to be called a liar so to me his attitude is a genuine response by anyone with feelings. frankly if you called me a liar after offering something like this even if it were my brother who figured it out or whatever id probably want to stab you with a spoon in the throat. its a normal human response.
I never bought into the well if it isn't true you wouldn't be defensive about it concept. if your daughter/wife/mother got raped/killed and the detective said you did it. tell me you wouldn't get pissed to all hell. sure apples and oranges but the detective will tell you "if its not true than why you getting so defensive?"

anyways this board has become a:
hey i heard this,
your full of BS,

true or not its nothing but baiting and flames around here.

Upvote 0
4129780521_86500ab258_o.jpg

Lol

Upvote 0
Status
Not open for further replies.

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones