• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL][ALPHA] ZTE Warp 4G Unbrick Tool

SuperR

Android Expert
Recognized Developer
Aug 23, 2010
Invisible
DISCLAIMER: By using this tool, you agree that you are the only one responsible for anything good or bad that may occur. Use at your own risk.;)

For Boost Mobile ZTE Warp 4G only.

This is the ZTE Warp 4G Unbrick Tool

Download warplte_test_unbrick_2.iso

Use your favorite burning software to burn the iso image to cd. I like ImgBurn for windows because it is free, easy, and effective. Once the cd is burned, put it in your pc and reboot. Enter into your pc bios and change the boot order making the cd drive the first to boot. Normally to get into pc bios, you need to press one of the following: del, f2, f10, or f12. It depends on the pc but it is normally right after the pc starts and it will say on the screen which one to press.

Once you get it booted on your pc, put your device in DFU mode (hold both volume buttons along with power). Plug in your device, click the green android icon on the desktop, press ok or enter on the password prompt, type "warplte" which is the codename for your device (you will see a chart) and press enter. Confirm with "y" then press enter, and wait.

Personally I make bootable usb flash drives instead of cd's. There is a program called Unetbootin that makes the process very easy.

Credits:
cooldudezach - figured out the partition locations

Hey bro I got my pc to boot usb with your iso on it. When I try to do the unbrick tool it tells me it cant see my device press enter to exit. When I try to put my device in DFU mode i just get a black screen and my red light stays on.

The black screen with red light is DFU. Put your phone in DFU, then try the tool again.

Reactions: Bizzerk
Upvote 0
yes that is the proper phone, do you have other usb ports you could plug it into? in dfu mode it SHOULD be readable but sometimes certain usb ports have issues with certain phone modes

other than that i couldnt tell you, the detection method and linux iso i didnt really have anything to do with i just made the actual recovery commands and you havent gotten to that part yet. maybe cdz and superr have some better insight if that doesnt work but id start there, different usb ports, different computers if possible

Upvote 0
ah, ok. it already got worked out lol. but yea we need to run some more tests have people try it out so we can tell if it works or not and under what circumstances

There is a test script in there. Typing "tester" for the device will see if the device is detected without running the unbrick script.

Upvote 0
Ok guys I think I hard bricked my phone. I got cwm installed with superR's other thumb drive installers. Well I like twrp better and found a flashable version that said it was for my phone so I flashed it. It finished and said reboot. Well now my phone will not come on at all even to the boot screen and will not go into recovery. All it does when I plug it in or push any buttons is stays on a blck screen with a solid red light. I have the N9510 and I used the unbrick tool. I guess it will let me enter DFU mode because I use the unbrick tool and it says it unbricked my device but it didn't. I typed warplte when I ran the installer. Please help.... Im not messing with twrp until one of you guys make a version for my phone if it can be fixed.Looks like I'm about to be a big tester of this Junkie!!! Oh and I forgot to mention I also typed tester and it read my device and said it has been unbricked.I have also tried warplte_cwm_flasher_3 and warp2_cwm_root_flasher_4 but they do not read my phone in DFU mode.

Upvote 0
Ok guys I think I hard bricked my phone. I got cwm installed with superR's other thumb drive installers. Well I like twrp better and found a flashable version that said it was for my phone so I flashed it. It finished and said reboot. Well now my phone will not come on at all even to the boot screen and will not go into recovery. All it does when I plug it in or push any buttons is stays on a blck screen with a solid red light. I have the N9510 and I used the unbrick tool. I guess it will let me enter DFU mode because I use the unbrick tool and it says it unbricked my device but it didn't. I typed warplte when I ran the installer. Please help.... Im not messing with twrp until one of you guys make a version for my phone if it can be fixed.Looks like I'm about to be a big tester of this Junkie!!! Oh and I forgot to mention I also typed tester and it read my device and said it has been unbricked.I have also tried warplte_cwm_flasher_3 and warp2_cwm_root_flasher_4 but they do not read my phone in DFU mode.
Please provide a link to the twrp you flashed so i can see what it did. Thanks

Upvote 0
I got it from this link right here... TWRP 2.2.2.1 for ZTE Warp and Samsung Prevail - xda-developers

I hope it didn't do anything to serious. I have never really had to have help or ask when flashing or doing anything to my phones I usually find the info on my own but this phone is fairly new and there are not a lot of resources for it right now. I appreciate both of you guys help...

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
Yep, that's for the OG warp, not the warp 4g. It flashed over:

aboot -> /dev/block/mmcblk0p13

If someone makes a backup of this partition we may be able to recover the device.
I hope there is some one who can do that. If you can please help me!!! I know some one in here can this is one of the best places on the net for androids... Thank you for checking bro... I do also think they should have been more specific in that thread with the title and instructions. It makes it easier for people who are having problems to find thier post anyways. That's why I always put the name and model number when I search for stuff about a device. For some reason this thread I got twrp from came up when I put zte warp N9510 in my search.I assumed since it came up in my search twrp from that link would work on warp devices. Would that partition from the N861 work I do also have phone or it's my wife's but I work on it too so I can use it to fix mine if possible would that partition be about the same? Probably not but I figure it's worth asking.just asking because they are about the same besides the 4G I believe right?

Upvote 0
In case someone wants to help Bizzerk transform his paperweight into a nice Warp 4G, here is how to grab the partition he needs.

1. Connect your fully functional rooted Warp 4G to your computer with a usb cable.
2. Open a terminal (cmd.exe in windows), cd to the directory where the adb binary is located (adb.exe in windows), and type the following:
Code:
adb shell
su
cat /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 > /sdcard/mmcblk0p13.img
3. Upload mmcblk0p13.img which is now on your sdcard (8MB)

Upvote 0
Would that partition from the N861 work I do also have phone or it's my wife's but I work on it too so I can use it to fix mine if possible would that partition be about the same? Probably not but I figure it's worth asking.just asking because they are about the same besides the 4G I believe right?
No. Flashing things from the wrong device is what got you into this mess, and certainly not the way to get you out lol.

Upvote 0
In case someone wants to help Bizzerk transform his paperweight into a nice Warp 4G, here is how to grab the partition he needs.

1. Connect your fully functional rooted device to your computer with a usb cable.
2. Open a terminal (cmd.exe in windows), cd to the directory where the adb binary is located (adb.exe in windows), and type the following:
Code:
adb shell
su
cat /dev/block/mmcblk0p13 > /sdcard/mmcblk0p13.img
3. Upload mmcblk0p13.img which is now on your sdcard (8MB)
LMAO I just told my wife today we have a new expensive paperweight... Thank you SuperR
I hope some one can help with my paperweight problem...

Upvote 0
if im not mistaken cdz has all of the partitions, and to answer the question about the other devices helping, no. the warp n860 is what that twrp was for, the warp sequent n861 is close to the warp but not exactly the same thing and flashing software even between those two will break things in just this manner. they are only related to this phone in name though, this phone is much more closely related to the zte force as far as boost phones go but even that wont help, you could possibly take the stuff from another zte 8930 cdma device like the awe, but even that is risky

Upvote 0
if im not mistaken cdz has all of the partitions, and to answer the question about the other devices helping, no. the warp n860 is what that twrp was for, the warp sequent n861 is close to the warp but not exactly the same thing and flashing software even between those two will break things in just this manner. they are only related to this phone in name though, this phone is much more closely related to the zte force as far as boost phones go but even that wont help, you could possibly take the stuff from another zte 8930 cdma device like the awe, but even that is risky
Ya I will just try and wait and see if some one can help me with the right device and thanks to both of you and who ever can in advance...

Upvote 0
they will im quite sure, may take a couple days but we will find you a copy of that file and get that phone fixed. just remember, the ability to fix it doesnt mean you should do it again lol. it happens, has happened to alot of people, youre just very fortunate in that on this phone, unlike all others ive seen it happen on, its fixable. had you done it to the sequent, permanent brick with no way back

Upvote 0
they will im quite sure, may take a couple days but we will find you a copy of that file and get that phone fixed. just remember, the ability to fix it doesnt mean you should do it again lol. it happens, has happened to alot of people, youre just very fortunate in that on this phone, unlike all others ive seen it happen on, its fixable. had you done it to the sequent, permanent brick with no way back

jimsmith80 just posted the file :) Gonna make a new unbrick tool. I will post it when it's finished.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones