• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [TOOL][ALPHA] ZTE Warp 4G Unbrick Tool

but yea hey superr do you still have a partition list for that device anywhere? or would we have to get that from cdz as well, i just wanna know what partition 13 actually is so i can tell if its erasable or not, or if we should even be handing out someone elses lol, could hold sensitive information, and not that i dont trust you bizzerk but it just wouldnt be good to hand that out to anyone

Reactions: Bizzerk
Upvote 0
but yea hey superr do you still have a partition list for that device anywhere? or would we have to get that from cdz as well, i just wanna know what partition 13 actually is so i can tell if its erasable or not, or if we should even be handing out someone elses lol, could hold sensitive information, and not that i dont trust you bizzerk but it just wouldnt be good to hand that out to anyone

it's aboot

Upvote 0
they will im quite sure, may take a couple days but we will find you a copy of that file and get that phone fixed. just remember, the ability to fix it doesnt mean you should do it again lol. it happens, has happened to alot of people, youre just very fortunate in that on this phone, unlike all others ive seen it happen on, its fixable. had you done it to the sequent, permanent brick with no way back
Thank you guys and I can't say that enough... This site and all you devs have saved my arse a bunch of times I just never had to ask anything because I like to try and do it on my own. I just now realized i can like and thank the posts made so expect a lot of them. Ya I'm glad I didn't do it to my wife's sequent then lol... Oh and trust me I will not do it again the biggest lessons learned in life are from mistakes you make.

Upvote 0
I know this doesn't pertain to my post or this thread but how do I add my picture to my profile?

it may not let you have one yet im not sure how many posts you have to have before it will. but here is a link to the user control panel, itll have an option to the left if it will allow you saying "Edit Profile Picture", and there will be another down further called "Edit Avatar"

http://androidforums.com/usercp.php

avatar is what everyone sees when you post, profile picture is what they see when they click your name and look at your info

Upvote 0
SuperR there is something wrong with your iso it is downloading way to fast for the file size on my connection. I'm talking like I click download and it's done lol. I tried putting it on a flash drive and rebooting and it just shows default and keeps trying to boot every 10 secs. I tried multiple downloads as well all were the same.

Upvote 0
SuperR there is something wrong with your iso it is downloading way to fast for the file size on my connection. I'm talking like I click download and it's done lol. I tried putting it on a flash drive and rebooting and it just shows default and keeps trying to boot every 10 secs. I tried multiple downloads as well all were the same.

You are right. AFH is having problems i guess. Here is a gdrive link
warplte_test_unbrick_2.iso - Google Drive

Upvote 0
You are right. AFH is having problems i guess. Here is a gdrive link
warplte_test_unbrick_2.iso - Google Drive
Ah bro that's it... Did the job and I like that cwm you put in there. That's the reason I like twrp is because of the touch and no buttons. Thank you to everyone who helped me out with the files and the installers. This unbrick tool is a keeper for the N9510 got me out of a hard brick. Now I can use my paperweight as an actual android lol... Thank you guys

Reactions: roadkill42
Upvote 0
Another one bytes the hardbrick.

I've been extensively going over your instructions for the warplte unbrick SliTaZ distro. My situation is yet another result of yet another hastily flashed .img(recovery**my own stupid fault)+thereafter initiating "factory restore".
Currently the devices fails to boot and falls back into DFU by default. Now I do have access to the phone's internal memory, but I suspect the partition scheme was corrupted. FTM mode is also accessible although I'm not sure if it's of any use.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the instructions for the SliTaZ Live instance. It may not be recognizing the phone correctly. **(I can use Windows or Linux Debian distro's to access the phone via ADB & Fastboot terminal etc). I'm confused as how to proceed on the live ISO.
Could you please post a list of key bash commands?
Thanks in advance, I'll post more specific info soon.

Upvote 0
Another one bytes the hardbrick.

I've been extensively going over your instructions for the warplte unbrick SliTaZ distro. My situation is yet another result of yet another hastily flashed .img(recovery**my own stupid fault)+thereafter initiating "factory restore".
Currently the devices fails to boot and falls back into DFU by default. Now I do have access to the phone's internal memory, but I suspect the partition scheme was corrupted. FTM mode is also accessible although I'm not sure if it's of any use.

Maybe I'm misunderstanding the instructions for the SliTaZ Live instance. It may not be recognizing the phone correctly. **(I can use Windows or Linux Debian distro's to access the phone via ADB & Fastboot terminal etc). I'm confused as how to proceed on the live ISO.
Could you please post a list of key bash commands?
Thanks in advance, I'll post more specific info soon.

You don't need commands to use the unbrick tool. Boot it, plug in your device that's in DFU mode, and run the script that is on the desktop.

Upvote 0
You don't need commands to use the unbrick tool. Boot it, plug in your device that's in DFU mode, and run the script that is on the desktop.

It recognized the device only in FTM. Even still it was extremely vague spewing forth ??????????? in place of serial. The partitioning scheme was corrupted when I attempted factory restore thru Settings after flashing custom recovery for a similarly named device. Total n00b move on my part. thanks for trying to help I retired this one to the graveyard already :(

Upvote 0
This thing is kicking my @$$.. What am I doing wrong? Isn't rebooting into USB..
fd9e9481963ab554dfb37d31dba1328c.jpg

Upvote 0
I must say I had the most difficult time booting my HP g7 pavilion 2247us to anything other than Windows 8 with the UEFI settings unchanged. What I did was download a program called VMware. It is a virtual machine that will allow you to "mount" virtually any operating system from an .iso image and run it in a virtual setting inside your pre-installed/configured operating system. You then have all the features on the .iso, such as the "un-brick tool" but you never have to leave the original operating system of your machine. I also used the virtual machine to use SuperR's CWM flasherhttp://androidforums.com/threads/tool-warp-4g-cwm-flasher.814304/page-6#post-6659245 and PhilzTouch. http://androidforums.com/threads/recovery-philz-touch-6-19-2-need-testers.832498/#post-6463720
I am no programmer, developer or digital designer. As a matter of fact this HP came very close to an introduction with my car tire after reading how effortlessly most where using these tools. The virtual machine was my ticket to using SuperR's .iso tool's.
I hope this post OK. Just trying to help some folks that seem to be having the same trouble I did.
Thanks SuperR and everyone who keeps jacking with these devices.....

Upvote 0
I just bought one of these not knowing much about it off a friend, He said sometimes the screen would go out. I got it stuck it on the charger, then turned it on and thescreen was very glitchy, so i took the battery out and then put it in and after that the lcd did not work, i got it to work once by holding down the power cable while plugged in and it was in the flash mode with the android guy. i chose factory reset, then the phone went out. since then its done nothing but beep red on led as if bricked but today when i tried it does nothing. anyone have any advice? i bought it secondhand so there is no warranty

Upvote 0
I just bought one of these not knowing much about it off a friend, He said sometimes the screen would go out. I got it stuck it on the charger, then turned it on and thescreen was very glitchy, so i took the battery out and then put it in and after that the lcd did not work, i got it to work once by holding down the power cable while plugged in and it was in the flash mode with the android guy. i chose factory reset, then the phone went out. since then its done nothing but beep red on led as if bricked but today when i tried it does nothing. anyone have any advice? i bought it secondhand so there is no warranty
Have you tried the unbrick tool for which this thread is dedicated?

Reactions: bcrichster
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones