• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Official Goodbye Gnex Thread

My wife's incredible died, so I was going to force the situation and go with the bogo on the S5's, somewhat reluctantly. I really wanted 3 gb ram... BUT, I had an old dinc lying around that I put on her line, so she's fine. Everyone keeps their unlimited and she's set. :) I'll more interested in either the G3 or note 4.

Upvote 0
I went with the G2. Its an amazing phone. Screen size battery screen etc. Overall a beast. Also, the looks reminds me of the g'nex. Ill let you all know how it works out.

I love mine, and if you're on Verizon, which it appears you are, there's a ton of development for it. Currently running Beanstock which was what I enjoyed a bunch with my Gnex. :)

Upvote 0
I got my GNex from Sprint 2 years and a few days ago. My contract ended the 21st, ported my number over to my 2 month old Nexus 5 (have been using Brightspot Mobile, more than happy with their service).

All is good, I still use it for wi fi around home/starbucks, etc but the one thing that ticked me off was that Sprint gave me the final "pro-rated" bill, which was 90% of what I would have paid if I had actually kept going for another month.

I babied by GNex being sealed in a screen protector and a seidio case nearly its entire life. I'm not sure yet, if I will just keep it, sell it, or maybe make it my "home phone" with Ting mobile.

Upvote 0
So long story short. ...The G2 is the best phone I have owned. ..I wish the build quality was a little better (plastic feel) but doesn't feel weak. (I hope that makes s sense) . It was between this the note2 and ponying up foe an S5. The G2 came out on top. I can't believe the phone is unbelievable, I can't it isn't more popular. I don't have any complaints about it...32 gb.....5.2 inch screen....3000mah battery...and my favorite, the knock on feature. ...very useful.

Upvote 0
HTC M8 for me. As soon as I got it, I S-off'd and put a Sense ROM on it.
Loving the premium feel of the phone and those awesome speakers. The camera is a big upgrade from the GNEX and takes clear, focused pictures every time.

M8 is an awesome phone! I almost went with that but the camera
was the only deal breaker....if I didn't have two kids whom I'm always taking pictures I may have gone with the m8...honestly there are a lot of great phones out there. It was really difficult to choose.

Upvote 0
M8 is an awesome phone! I almost went with that but the camera
was the only deal breaker....if I didn't have two kids whom I'm always taking pictures I may have gone with the m8...honestly there are a lot of great phones out there. It was really difficult to choose.

I was skeptical of the M8's camera as well until I looked at this thread and tried it out myself in the store.

Upvote 0
I'll probably retire my phone by the time summer rolls around. I was thinking about getting the HTC one early last year, my boyfriend got one and I fell in love. However, I just couldn't leave my gnex, still worked perfectly fine and in perfect condition. Lately, it's just starting to feel old, getting laggy and whatnot. No other phone has blown me away like the HTC M8. Beautiful design, expandable storage, sleek finish... damn haha.

Reactions: Steven58
Upvote 0
I might try to hold out for the next nexus. I just hope it will be available on vz.

Don't count on it. Google and Verizon had a major falling out over the Gnex. It was a control issue. Their fight became one of the subjects of our long gnex thread. Since then? Android, yes. Nexus, no.

Upvote 0
My GNex .. I loved loved loved this phone when I got it. I'll still keep it around; my daughter is BEGGING to have it (it will be like a mini wifi tablet for her) and I'm waiting for my Moto X2 to show up in the mail.

I don't know what happened to this phone, it used to be great.. now.. not so much.. I'd love to fix it and get some more life out of it but I don't know how.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0
My GNex .. I loved loved loved this phone when I got it. I'll still keep it around; my daughter is BEGGING to have it (it will be like a mini wifi tablet for her) and I'm waiting for my Moto X2 to show up in the mail.

I don't know what happened to this phone, it used to be great.. now.. not so much.. I'd love to fix it and get some more life out of it but I don't know how.

Re-flash it back to stock from a factory image? :cool:

There's also a ton of custom ROMs and kernels that you could overclock and a get a little more oomph out of it.

I still have my GNex and fire it up occasionally.

Upvote 0
Re-flash it back to stock from a factory image? :cool:

There's also a ton of custom ROMs and kernels that you could overclock and a get a little more oomph out of it.

I still have my GNex and fire it up occasionally.
It's running stock, I never rooted it. I don't know if I can now, the USB cord is unhelpful--my computer doesn't recognize it any longer.

Reactions: scary alien
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones