• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [MetroPCS] [ROM][4.4.4]CARBON ROM Kitkat 4.4.4 for LG Optimus F6 [LOTS OF FIXES]

Yes I have the same issue I had made a post about this earlier in this thread about the GPS not working and also causing the phone to reboot. Good to see that I am not crazy. I have not had much luck with any of the kitkat rom's and GPS working properly. The Mystery Rom that DM47021 has built the GPS kind of works but not to where I would trust it. As with all the ROM for this phone I am lucky to get 4 sat's but under stock Jb rom I can get like 14 sat's.
For the gps to work without reboot u need to set cpu to 1.13 max 594 min... Interactive (gov) N it should not be connected to usb power on car lighter... Cus it would give u a power failure that's why it reboots....

Upvote 0
For the gps to work without reboot u need to set cpu to 1.13 max 594 min... Interactive (gov) N it should not be connected to usb power on car lighter... Cus it would give u a power failure that's why it reboots....

Well I really hate to burst your bubble but when my phone rebooted I was in the woods trying to use the GPS and my phone rebooted twice everytime i tried to use the GPS. I had even clocked my phone up. So I am not sure what's up with that. Also doen't explain why I can only pull maybe 4 sat's if I am lucky on this rom and under the stock rom I get like 14 sat's no problem.

Upvote 0
Personally I turn off all location data the moment I get a chance. Since I regularly know where I am I just use google maps for directions from a to b. Not cool with Google constantly listening for commands and knowing where I am 24/7 using the data to sell to ad companies. There's also a lot of hidden 'participate by providing data for x' checked by default in the google launcher, which is not cool.

Upvote 0
Well I really hate to burst your bubble but when my phone rebooted I was in the woods trying to use the GPS and my phone rebooted twice everytime i tried to use the GPS. I had even clocked my phone up. So I am not sure what's up with that. Also doen't explain why I can only pull maybe 4 sat's if I am lucky on this rom and under the stock rom I get like 14 sat's no problem.
Well u did not burst no bubble... The reason of reboot is for power and ram failure... Most of the time happened when runnings apps with usb power connection... The other reasons for the sat..stuff is that tgis kernel is base of an European version. So u would hav2. Set radio band for US one... But every time u change signal like a incoming call radio will change... Now u can turn of auto band change off in buld.prop... Then go to phone info n change the band there for the us one...
Here are the pics....
https://drive.google.com/folder/d/0B0VO8vdpAhSdRlVEWXRxckttanc/edit
And this its a good app to keep track of all ur distance.time..speed .. Location..etc.etc https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.linxmap.gpsspeedometer

Last edited:
Upvote 0
Reactions: Krlypumaa
Upvote 0
Echos on the other end
Here use this... Add it to ur build.prop... Make sure u clean up build. For any repeated typos....

# System props for audio
persist.audio.fluence.mode=fluence
persist.audio.fluence.speaker=none
persist.audio.vr.enable=false
persist.audio.handset_rx_type=DEFAULT
persist.audio.handset.mic.type=analog
persist.audio.voicecall.mic=0
persist.audio.voice.clarity=none
persist.audio.dualmic.config=false
persist.audio.lowlatency.rec=false
ro.config.vc_call_vol_steps=7
ro.config.vc_call_vol_default=7
#

Reactions: Gxzn and CYCONUMNUM
Upvote 0
@ cyconumnum

A while back I respectfully requested/suggested that someone with the know-how try to bring CM10 to the F6. My thinking was it would be easier since LG has provided the source code for the F6. A fully working Cm10 is better than a half-baked CM11. Several people seemed to agree but, unfortunately, no dev seems to want to work on JB because it is "old". It is their
prerogative to develop as they see fit...it's just that so much time and effort has been put into KK and not much has been accomplished since the first CM11.

I hear rumors of CM12 for the F6...but I suspect it will suffer the same fate as CM11. Again, it's the dev's choice and all the respect goes out to them.

Upvote 0
@ cyconumnum

A while back I respectfully requested/suggested that someone with the know-how try to bring CM10 to the F6. My thinking was it would be easier since LG has provided the source code for the F6. A fully working Cm10 is better than a half-baked CM11. Several people seemed to agree but, unfortunately, no dev seems to want to work on JB because it is "old". It is their
prerogative to develop as they see fit...it's just that so much time and effort has been put into KK and not much has been accomplished since the first CM11.

I hear rumors of CM12 for the F6...but I suspect it will suffer the same fate as CM11. Again, it's the dev's choice and all the respect goes out to them.

Well I would have to agree with you on the fact that it's really been an up hill battle to get kitkat working properly on this phone. I have gone as far a buying more ram and an ssd drive and loading ubuntu on my computer so that I could maybe try my hand at building a CM10 rom for the f6. But I just can't get the cm tool I found to install at all. So I am about to give up on the F6 sorry but I am looking at getting a nexus 4 or 5 and going that route. Sorry everyone but I really do like the CM roms and I can't stand running stock roms any longer.

Upvote 0
I looked at the porting cm page ...

I have a new level of respect for the dev"s

But....is there a carbon for cm10?

Can someone please try to port it?

so the jellybean sd hacks will work..they are more reliable to me..

I found a program called Cmcompile which is for building cm7 - 10 roms but I can not get it to install on my computer all the links for this are either broken or will not install. I have downloaded all the source for this phone and I was going to try and build a CM10 rom. Oh yeah I forgot this was going to be a JB rom. and maybe use GT's kernel if he would allow me to. I am going to continue to look for the CM builder tool.

Upvote 0
There is no CM builder out there that will build CM for this phone lol. If you're gonna build CM you'll have to do it the hard way like everyone else including building your own kernel.

Just because CM10 is jellybean doesn't mean it'll be a whole lot easier to build than kk. You still need to know code and how to track and fix errors in the code. Only reason why devs are not bothering with it is because it's better to invest the time and trouble in a higher android version.

Reactions: Masterchief87
Upvote 0
Go figure I was hoping that it would be easier to build a JB rom for this phone. As I don't know anything about how or even where to possibly start to work on a project like this. I was able to find the D500 /ms500 code and kernel from lg and I also found the KK code on this site also. including the kernel. But I don't know if that means anything or not.

Upvote 0
Well....carbon ....I like it

It's been a good runner after a half dozen tweaks or so....

My phone...is not completely ok with carbon thou.....

But, so far...the only down side...is..that it takes up to 5 minutes sometimes of holding the power button to get it to reboot.....

After it shuts down...up to 3 times a day..some days more....It's ok...I'm used to this phone letting me down.

Upvote 0
Well....carbon ....I like it

My phone...is not completely ok with carbon thou.....
But, so far...the only down side...is..that it takes up to 5 minutes sometimes of holding the power button to get it to reboot.....

This may be a dumb question, (and apologies if so) but why can't you just pull the battery out and put it back in? The main reason I ask is because I would like to know if doing so causes harm to the device? I know it's not good to do that with computers. But so far, the Android operating system doesn't seem to share a lot in common with Windows! :)

Upvote 0
I'm glad for this ROM. It set me free from the crappy old bogged down stock ROM. I've been using it as a daily and I noticed some certain things, I flashed the updated ROM but I did not flash the kernel you posted in this thread...call echo was fixed by the mic set to digital, and the black screen problem was fixed by turning off crt, Bluetooth crashes when I try to pair or always says bad password, and GPS crashes after not finding any satellite

Upvote 0
This may be a dumb question, (and apologies if so) but why can't you just pull the battery out and put it back in? The main reason I ask is because I would like to know if doing so causes harm to the device? I know it's not good to do that with computers. But so far, the Android operating system doesn't seem to share a lot in common with Windows! :)

Let me rephrase it...

to get it to turn back on ....After it shuts itself off ....

I have to hold the power button for up to 5 minutes sometimes....

I suppose I could take the battery out and put it back in...But, that's redundant because the said android device is already in a state of off.......

Yah

Reactions: Mattswad
Upvote 0
I love this ROM, I thank everyone that worked on this. I'm using it as a daily and ran into a few bugs. some of them is fixed thaks to Krlypumaa build prop tips. the only problems i face now is when i dial 911 the call doesn't go through it just end the call before even making it, and apps that needs to download additional files to use such as order and chaos, it seem to have issues downloading files from within the app. is there a way to fix this?
and i also have the sd card hack could that be the issue?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones