• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories for the HTC Droid Eris

por que, why?

I've been searching for a keyboard that is *known* to match with the Eris. Ideally for taking notes at speed on a full set of keys, with all of the benefits of connectivity, but still working with a minimal amount of gear (i.e. no laptop). With everything the Eris supports for viewing and notes, this seemed like a logical step, but I've had some trouble finding anyone using this arrangement on an Eris.

Here's the long hand version of some of that:

http://androidforums.com/htc-droid-...periment-freedom-pro-keyboard.html#post665623

Upvote 0
I would like a replacement back cover. Not a snap on, but one that goes on when I remove the back of the phone. It would be great to have different colors and designs. I would be much more interested in buying something like this and not adding bulk to my phone.

Also, I would like to see HTC to allow you to customize your phone from them with choices like this. Build-My-Phone feature. Front cover color, back cover, track ball color, ect. I think that would catch on quickly in the cell phone market.

Upvote 0
htc_droid_eris_shell_holster.png

i have this case and dont use it anymore...anyone want it?

if you're interested in it pm me

Upvote 0
I have the body glove snap case for the eris, which unfortunately has been unable to stand up to the abuse and clumsiness that im prone to. while the case itself seems to be in okay condition, the little tabs holding together aren't really doing their job. there is a zagg full body cover under the case, which may also be part of the problem, as it adds some size to the phone.

can anyone suggest a better case? im clumsy and i spend time in the woods (rocks and trees to run into and fall on/out of), as well as working around lots of glass and metal things so it has to be resilient. very resilient. basically bullet proof.

Upvote 0
or any other phone for that matter
www.cellphoneshop.net
I got a really nice ruberized case for my eris. Dropped it a couple times already and it bounced unharmed. Paid like $4 for it I think. Also got a car charger $2 and a windshield mount $5.

i'd actually meant something similar to the snap case it already has on it...a hard case that attaches to a belt clip (have enough stuff in my pockets) and offers all-around protection, or as close to all-around as i can get. cellphoneshop.net isn't unknown, they just dont have anything worth looking at.

Upvote 0
http://androidforums.com/548966-post57.html

i saw this case at my local verizon store..comes in red too..

I just received the blue one in the mail. I must say, it is nice! Doesn't add any thickness to the phone. The feel is very smooth with a similar matte finish (like the original back). It gives enough of a lip to protect the screen if you place the phone face down on a surface (I don't use a screen protector) and it also provides enough depth to protect the camera lens on the back.

I don't know how it's only $10 on eBay. It still has the original Verizon sticker for the $16.99 in store price. Thank you eBay.

Upvote 0
I just received the blue one in the mail. I must say, it is nice! Doesn't add any thickness to the phone. The feel is very smooth with a similar matte finish (like the original back). It gives enough of a lip to protect the screen if you place the phone face down on a surface (I don't use a screen protector) and it also provides enough depth to protect the camera lens on the back.

I don't know how it's only $10 on eBay. It still has the original Verizon sticker for the $16.99 in store price. Thank you eBay.

I have this one in red. I love it. I agree, I like the way it feels. Nice and soft without the extra bulk.

Upvote 0
Spent $5 on the clear hard shell snap-on case previously listed, as well as screen protectors from the local Swap Meet. Yep, $5 for both. The screen protector went on easy with no bubbles, no lint. I'm going to go out on a limb and say anyone who has problems it's their fault, not the protector. I've been using cheap Swap Meet stuff on all my phones.

Anyways, I'm looking for a soft case that doesn't attract lint like mad. I had a friend who had an iPhone case that felt like silicon but it didn't get dirty. That's what I want. Anyone know where to get these for the Eris?

Upvote 0
Upvote 0
i just picked up the Xentris Wireless - Silicone Case for HTC Eris - Black case from Best Buy. SKU 9640858

it went on easy, stays on well. there are side impressions for volume. The case does not stick in my pocket yet it is still hard.

i might still get on ebay and try the smoke case, buy i really like this one. I am using the zagg screen cover too. it went on easy (by wetting the film).

thanks to everyone else for sharing. ill probably buy the charging dock too after seeing the replies.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones