• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

anyone return theirs yet?

Yep returned mine! Really, I did. I was using it way too much to the point it was a problem and my family actually had an intervention. Then I started to lie and say things like I wasn't using it anymore when I really was, etc. I have since returned it and can move on, I'm sure glad that is over!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

*insert southern accent* "You a lie!!!"

Upvote 0
Well mine has been a total piece of crap so far. It's fast when it works but with the horrid battery life it's kind of pointless. I read all the threads about the applications that are keeping the device alive but nothing helped. I went as far as to to do a full reset and that still didn't do it. My awake and on times were 1:1. To top it off the charging circuit burned up on my way out of town on vacation this last week and it's dead as hell.

I should have kept the original Droid and passed on this piece of s***.

Upvote 0
Yep returned mine! Really, I did. I was using it way too much to the point it was a problem and my family actually had an intervention. Then I started to lie and say things like I wasn't using it anymore when I really was, etc. I have since returned it and can move on, I'm sure glad that is over!

Sent from my ADR6300 using Tapatalk

My mother threatened to call Dr. Drew on me & my Dad... Were both obsessed with ours Incs (I'm not saying Dinc & Dad in the same sentence).... I live 900 miles away from my parents so I don't see how my affections for my phone is bothering her.

Upvote 0
Well mine has been a total piece of crap so far. It's fast when it works but with the horrid battery life it's kind of pointless. I read all the threads about the applications that are keeping the device alive but nothing helped. I went as far as to to do a full reset and that still didn't do it. My awake and on times were 1:1. To top it off the charging circuit burned up on my way out of town on vacation this last week and it's dead as hell.

Care to share your list of apps? i had the same problem of the phone always being awake until I realized an app was causing the problem.

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Basically, it was just the basic stuff that you see in the top free apps list in the market: maps, handcent, goggles, etc... also had meebo IM, the walkie talkie and that's about it.

But, I did a reset and it still didn't seem to help.

I am hoping to get an exchange tomorrow but I'm sure that I'll get a run around and a line about having to order another in. :mad:

Care to share your list of apps? i had the same problem of the phone always being awake until I realized an app was causing the problem.

Upvote 0
^ Let us know how the exchange goes (good luck). From what I see in your short list, meebo may be the reason as to why you're having 100% awake time. One of the apps causing my battery issue was an IM app because those are constantly sending packets of data to and from, which means its constantly using the network and never stopping. When you resetted, did you install all the apps back on immediately or did you check after the reset if you still had a 1:1 up to awake time?

Upvote 0
No I didn't install the apps again. But to be fair the reset was during the battery/charge circuit failure so who knows what was going on at that point. The thing would charge if plugged into a computer but would complain about every other charger. Even though it showed charged after plugged in the computer it was dead in the morning. The next day I plugged it into a small liion portable cell battery pack hoping to use it that way and it has been dead ever since then.

The really crappy part is that I really loved this thing. It was so fast and smooth and just worked well when it worked. If I could get the power issued under control I would be happy.

Upvote 0
Well, see if the replacement has the same issue for you. If so, then check the instant messsaging apps on and off, and see if that doesn't do the trick. I was on the same boated and dreaded how I couldn't make it through one single 8 hour work day without the phone dying on me. It got really annoying, until I figured out that disabling certain apps prolonged my battery life three-fold.

Upvote 0
I've returned one for a replacement 2 weeks to the day after launch. Was having issues with the FM radio. Was sent a brown boxed bubble wrapped replacement. Looked new, but who knows. FM radio was still causing problems in the replacement and it was concluded that it's a firmware issue and it wouldn't matter if another phone was sent to me to fix the problem. So, aside from not being able to use the stock FM radio that comes with the phone, I'm happy to have stuck around.

Upvote 0
I had a well conditioned battery when I got my DINC from my old HTC Ozone. One of the first apps I installed was MEEBO. After getting a handful of simple apps on board, I noticed quite the battery drain. Read every "Battery" post I could find and tried all the suggestions. I decided a few days ago to uninstall the apps I had loaded one at a time to see if there was any difference. The first one I uninstalled was MEEBO and I noticed a BIG TIME difference in battery life with both the orignal DINC battery and my Ozone Battery. I am not sure why it was such a drain, but a drain on the battery it must of been.

Upvote 0
I had a well conditioned battery when I got my DINC from my old HTC Ozone. One of the first apps I installed was MEEBO. After getting a handful of simple apps on board, I noticed quite the battery drain. Read every "Battery" post I could find and tried all the suggestions. I decided a few days ago to uninstall the apps I had loaded one at a time to see if there was any difference. The first one I uninstalled was MEEBO and I noticed a BIG TIME difference in battery life with both the orignal DINC battery and my Ozone Battery. I am not sure why it was such a drain, but a drain on the battery it must of been.
Good to hear. Yeah unfortunately IMing apps seem to be the death of battery. The problem is, with those apps, there is no set sync interval; its CONSTANTLY syncing to see if there's IM's being sent to you. So, obviously this is going to be a battery life issue if the device is being used nonstop.

Upvote 0

You must have had one of the good Moto Droids, because a lot of them were pure crap....my Incredible has been excellent.......hope you get things worked out.....peace

Upvote 0
I hear you but something is not right with this thing. I had meebo on my original Droid and it didn't seem to be an issue at all. It would run happily in the background all day with a couple accounts going and never seemed to do much to the battery life.

Good to hear. Yeah unfortunately IMing apps seem to be the death of battery. The problem is, with those apps, there is no set sync interval; its CONSTANTLY syncing to see if there's IM's being sent to you. So, obviously this is going to be a battery life issue if the device is being used nonstop.

Upvote 0
Do you work for AT&T? Apple? You do realize this phone is SOLD OUT don't you?

Troll....

Jesus man, chill out. Smoke a j or something...

He's a troll, and a not very good one at that. Never can back up any of his claims. He's just a kid with no life and no friends.

That's a pretty broad assumption to make considering you know nothing about him. Are you 5 years old?

Upvote 0
i returned mine for an exchange. the camera was freezing every five pics or so. i had to restart the phone to get it to come back on. i did however read that people are still having issues with camer after exchanging it. i am hoping that will be addressed in a patch or something.

i did get a new incredible BECAUSE I CANT PUT IT DOWN!!!! Love this beast.

Upvote 0
I was curious how many people returned their incredible and went with a different device. I still have mine and love it.

Returned mine! Had to pay full price and after using for a few days, returned and went back to the Eris. Other than speed and a couple other things, not much different than my Eris. Paid $9.99 for the Eris, Incredible at $529 wasn't worth the upgrade.

Upvote 0
I've shown mine off several times. Everyone I've shown it to has been very impressed, even iPhone users. :D
They are the most impressed. First thing they say is, "wow that is fast" and the second is "I can't wait to get off ATT". This phone will do it. Let them play with it for a bit, they are very adept at the interface, it's very similar.

Upvote 0
Returned mine! Had to pay full price and after using for a few days, returned and went back to the Eris. Other than speed and a couple other things, not much different than my Eris. Paid $9.99 for the Eris, Incredible at $529 wasn't worth the upgrade.
It is not worth $500 if you have the Eris. The Eris with 2.1 is great, just not quite as speedy. That's the only difference.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones