• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life - The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Does your phone drop 10% quickly in the morning after a full night of charging?

• Yes

Votes: 436 79.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 74 13.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 40 7.3%

• Total voters
Thank you again drksilenc, updating profile and prl seemed to work! I would not have figured that out on my own and was even considering changing out the phone, the call quality was so bad. I just got off of a 30 minute call and while I could still tell I was on a cell phone it was back to "normal" sound. Yay. :)

If anyone else is having buzzing, ringing and general bad call quality on your (listening) end, try this!

Upvote 0
hmmm, i had great battery life my first 2 days with the phone, after 6-7hrs. with some good use i still had around 60-70% battery and was like wow this is great, and then the battery just crashed on me. I have downloaded quite a bit of apps though, so maybe there is a memory leak in one of them, trying to find the tools to find it if anyone can help out... btw i come from a long line of smartphones and ppc's, just so shadrap knows that...

Upvote 0
snap20100609_203824.png

Upvote 0
Hey,

So I've been using my Evo since Friday evening; we have 3 of them - I have one and then 2 for the parents.

I read that the battery life sucks, but most people get through the day on one charge, which would be fine for me because my 2 year old iPhone still goes 10+ hours on a charge, jailbroken and multi-tasking.

I've read every post I can find here and other about making the battery last long; unlinking flickr, some setcpu, overclock widget, no task killer, yes task killer, turned all the syncs off or down to once a day, ect. But after all of that, I'm still lucky to get 5 hours of the fing charger with an hour of calls and an hour of apps/the screen being on. I find this completely unacceptable considering an iPhone that's been charged 600+ time can still last twice as long. The other two evos have pretty much out of the box settings, and they go dead just as fast as mine does, with the same amount or even less use! Did we get 3 lemons or what?

Also, does anyone else have speaker buzz when you down the vol. all the up or one down from the top? No matter who I'm talking to, I have to be two clicks down from the high setting otherwise I hear this quite annoying speaker buzz with every word the other person says and it makes me want to throw it in the wall; the other two evos are the same.

Anyone got any suggestions?

Upvote 0
i noticed some speaker buzz on occasion but i noticed that it doesn't do it when other things are played from the earpiece. my guess is its network related or whoever you're talking to has shitty mics or are talking to close to it

Well, so far I've talked to landlines, the other two evos, iPhones and sprint gps address enterer - it happens on all of them and it's more of a vibration in the phones speaker than a network buzz.

Upvote 0
Feel your pain...

I've been tweaking everything to save battery and nothing seems to work. The phone is incredible, but the battery, while I was expecting it to be bad, is atrocious.

I agree. I also seem to have no service (well, it goes from 0 to 6 bars and in-between non-stop wherever I go) anywhere I go, even though it shows that I have perfect 4G and Sprint service, I have shit - it works and doesn't seem to cut in and out, but the bars bounce around all day, and the 4G doesn't even work outside.

I might go back to an iPhone and just jailbreak it, since I guess iOS 4 has already been hacked.

Upvote 0
I am not getting 16 hours, but on day one starting at a full charge I am about to die at about 14 hours, with 4 1/2 of "awake" time. I guess it's all relative though. Coming from the Moment I consider this a very promising start. :lol

About the phone sound, though, I am posting this wherever I see it commented on. Someone on this forum (on a different thread) suggested that I update my profile and PRL under settings, system updates and call quality is vastly improved. Try that and see if it helps you on that score!

Upvote 0
Don't we have enough of these battery threads? Battery life is great, if your having bad battery life your doing something wrong...

snap20100609_203824.png

I am just going to post this picture in all the battery threads from now on because it's really starting to seem like a bunch of iphone fanboys trying to spam the boards with false claims or something.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones