• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Battery Life - The Good The Bad and The Ugly

Does your phone drop 10% quickly in the morning after a full night of charging?

• Yes

Votes: 436 79.3%
  • Nope

Votes: 74 13.5%
  • Not sure

Votes: 40 7.3%

• Total voters
I haven't pulled the trigger on getting the Evo yet but the moment is getting closer. I'm curious if when I do get mine should I do a full factory reset as the first thing after activation? Will it erase or affect any of the stock apps or widgets? I figure if it's helpful maybe I should do it before I put pictures or apps on it.

If you follow the link and read the article, it says:

"Please note that all data will be deleted from the HTC EVO 4G as a result of this procedure. This process does NOT delete data stored on the microSD card. We recommend backing up all of your personal data before proceeding."

Upvote 0
I guess my point was if it would be beneficial to reset right away or should I wait to see if I'm having problems first. The advantage of doing it right away is that I don't have any apps to re download but if there is no benefit then there is no point in doing it.

Why try to fix what is not broken? If you are not having any issues, then it is sort of a moot point, right?

Upvote 0
I guess my point was if it would be beneficial to reset right away or should I wait to see if I'm having problems first. The advantage of doing it right away is that I don't have any apps to re download but if there is no benefit then there is no point in doing it.

I ran a hard reset as soon as I left the store because the BB rep didn't let me put in my google account info before she canceled all the prompts (couldn't figure out which setting brought the prompts back until later...). Truth be told, they tried to install a bunch of crap and there were a bunch of errors occurring right when they turned the phone on.

It was probably better that I did the hard reset; I started with it the way HTC intended me to.

Upvote 0
What stock data/apps would you lose on a hard reset if it was new out of the box?

None that come with the phone, but as far as any personal settings/apps from the market, make sure that the "backup" is enabled, and your synching as well. Wait a few hours (24?...not sure how the google backup process works) and everything should be restored after the flashing process.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones