• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Accessories 1500mAH which Fake or Real?

i posted this on another battery thread, but i am posting here to report back on my earlier post here (whew):

as i posted earlier, i had a 1500 battery i got off ebay, but it was not an HTC battery, and it was NOT a good battery. (note: maybe don't a) buy your 1500 on ebay from austintexwireless, and b) don't pay under $3 for a battery, because chances are, it's not so good.) on grandmasterb's recommendation, i got the htc 1500 from bidallies on ebay, which is how i know the first one was bad. this one? fantastic. i tried to kill it yesterday, but still ended up with almost 50% power at the end of the day. it's improved with each day's use. and i text a lot, play games, use the nav, take photos, send photos, check fb, watch video...i do a lot of stuff. i've got my mail pushing every 15 minutes, my screen brightness is probably like 75%, and i get hourly weather and fb. i've got tons of widgets. this battery is a very happy little thing. fits perfectly, charges well. me love.

i also need to thank grandmasterb for suggesting the boxwave crystal screen protector, but that's for another thread. :)

still might go back to the 2150 i have, especially once i get my modified case from drpheta this week!

Reactions: GrandMasterB
Upvote 0
Thank you guys so much for recommending bidallies. After comparing prices in few sites and reading reviews here and on xda-developers I decided to buy from bidallies, and boy I am impressed. I purchased 2 batteries from them, one for my HTC Hero and one for my gf's Imagio, I can't believe how fast I received them even with the free shipping option. After 2 full charges on my new battery this baby lasts 2 hours longer then the one that came with the phone. Anybody looking to buy original HTC 35H00123-0[FONT=&quot]​[/FONT]0M try these guys at
bidallies eBay store or at bidallies.com I promise you won't be disappointed.

Upvote 0
Get the RHOD160 from the_oem_spot on eBay. It's an HTC OEM 1500mah battery and holds a great charge compared to stock. I get about 2-3 hours more on it per day and I bought the REFURB version for $5.00 (best offer). My wife uses the OEM (non refurb) battery from the same seller w/ her DInc. (paid $10) and we cannot tell a difference between them. Save $$$ and get the refurb.

REM OEM HTC RHOD160 BATTERY FOR HTC HERO EVO 4G DASH 3G

Upvote 0
Get the RHOD160 from the_oem_spot on eBay. It's an HTC OEM 1500mah battery and holds a great charge compared to stock. I get about 2-3 hours more on it per day and I bought the REFURB version for $5.00 (best offer). My wife uses the OEM (non refurb) battery from the same seller w/ her DInc. (paid $10) and we cannot tell a difference between them. Save $$$ and get the refurb.

The only thing I would say about that is what do you do when the battery starts to drop off in capacity after a couple of weeks because it was adequately used before you got it? Just food for thought...

Upvote 0
The only thing I would say about that is what do you do when the battery starts to drop off in capacity after a couple of weeks because it was adequately used before you got it? Just food for thought...

Batteries are commonly refurbished/recycled. From what I've experienced in the past w/ other cell phone refurb batteries... there is no dropoff or difference. I wouldn't be surprised if half of the refurb phones that you get nowdays include a refurbed battery as well.

Upvote 0
Batteries are commonly refurbished/recycled. From what I've experienced in the past w/ other cell phone refurb batteries... there is no dropoff or difference. I wouldn't be surprised if half of the refurb phones that you get nowdays include a refurbed battery as well.

The refurbed phones I've gotten in the past don't come with a battery or back cover. If you are buying used/refurbed phones off ebay then yes I would expect a used/refurbed battery.

At the end of the day these batteries are only good for so many charge cycles, so if you purchase a battery that has already been cycled 150 times then it is inevitable that you are going to see a dropoff alot sooner than if you buy a new battery.

Upvote 0
I really wish I saw this thread before I bought one of ebay! Oh well, at least I got a wall charger so it can't be all bad. I just ordered a new one from bidallies :) Thanks guys!

I'm not a huge fan of the battery I got from bidallies. It caused some really weird things to happen with my phone. I purchased a backup from VZW directly with my corporate discount and no issues. My bidalllies battery has sat in my drawer for a few months.

Upvote 0
I've read several reviews online in which people claim to have been ripped off by BidAllies.

I'm seriously considering ordering their 1500mah battery because the one I previously ordered from Hong Kong wasn't legit.

Should I be hesitant?

It was nothing but a good experience for me. I even spoke with them about advertising it as working in the Incredible in the future because it worked great in mine. They were very friendly and helpful. I would recommend them.

GMB

Reactions: Deanski
Upvote 0

I bought from OEM spot and it should be here today

I got the "OEm battery for sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 and EVO"

I paid 18 for two.

Upvote 0
I bought from OEM spot and it should be here today

I got the "OEm battery for sprint HTC Touch Pro 2 and EVO"

I paid 18 for two.

Got mine yesterday. Charged it while off over night last night.

I did notice that my LED light blinked orange a few times when I first plugged it in. Does that mean it was shipped to me with no charge? Don't they say it's not good to store with no charge? If it's trully a brand new battery should it have no charge when shipped?

so far it's working well after 1 charge.

I have one hour of awake time and 5 hours of up time. I'm at 83%.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones