• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help 1st android phone. Noob in need of assistance

Levyml

Lurker
Dec 4, 2013
Hello this is my 1st android so I don't really know too much. I got an s4 few days back it was running smoothly I rooted it and downloaded app droid for free apps anyway I dl'd the app extended control created my own widget try put it on the homepage then my phone sort of crashed a MSG started to appear every 5 secs saying 'unfortunate com.android has stopped' so I thought **** this erased everything factory rebooted it. That did **** all the msg was still there and now it says 'unfortunately start up wizard has stopped' when I try and restart the phone I am clueless some assistance would be great I'm just stuck in a loop on set up

And to add to Slug's good information... for others who may of had their S4 for only a few days and don't know much about it, I would strongly suggest you don't do anything, including rooting, until you've spent some quality time getting to know how your phone works and reading all you can digest about rooting, installing apps and general maintenance.

There is a ton of great information, here and elsewhere, that will help you immensely and save you grief down the road by doing something you possibly don't understand.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones