• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.
No. If it had an lte radio we would have figured it out already. This phone was created when lte was expensive and the early phases of wimax.

I remember it like it was yesterday. Sprint beat everyone to market with the first 4G technology. I believe the OG Evo was released in May 2010 as the first 4G phone. That really helped Sprint I am sure...

But then, by the end of 2010, Verizon had launched LTE...perhaps November, or December. Sprint wasn't the only kid in town with 4G anymore (AT&T and TMobile don't count, their "4G" was horribly slow). Then, everyone realized that they were going to have to play catch-up with Verizon as LTE was already proving to be way too fast for HSDPA+ and Wimax.

AT&T, Sprint, and Verizon now all have established LTE networks. I'm not sure who's is larger, but I'd guess the 800lb Gorilla (Verizon) has the largest LTE network...then AT&T, and then Sprint.

Oddly enough, I have no idea what TMobile is doing...I haven't cared enough about them to research it. Even this thread isn't compelling enough for me to look into it. Are they going down the LTE path?

Upvote 0
Yeah, this phone doesn't have the necessary radios, antennas or amps to support any flavor of LTE, to answer Palmetto's question, yes T-Mo has started rolling out actual LTE service, it'll pick up quickly because of them finally selling the iPhone starting today and especially so once the MetroPCS merger takes place probably in the late 2nd quarter.
OB

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones