• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

5 items in dock?

shawn222

Aug 24, 2011
I just got my SGS2 2 days a go and am so far very happy with it. I was just wondering if it is possible to add a 5th item to my dock. I would like to have phone, email, messages, contacts, and applications all accessible from the dock.

Also, on a side note, people keep seeing me randomly signing in on skype while my phone is in my pocket or im in some random app. Anybody know what is going on here?

Thanks,
Shawn

I've seen a downloaded homescreen style from the android market that supports 5 items on the bottom line. I cant remember what it was called sorry, but it was in the live wallpapers section.

As for your choices of icons you want, have you considered its not really worth having Phone AND Contacts on the bottom line? I just have Phone, as by clicking this you can click the Contacts button on the top to get exactly the same thing. One extra click admittedly, but thats nothing really.

Upvote 0
I tried ADW and LauncherPro before posting here but uninstalled them because they did a lot more than I was looking for and changed some functionality that I didn't want changed

Do you have your skype to auto sign in? If it auto signs in then you will appear as logged in status even when your not using the phone or you prematurely interrupt the connection, i.e leave range of wifi where the network still "thinks" your logged on because you haven't manually logged off.

I do actually. I figured that auto sign in was so that skype would remember my password. I've turned auto sign in off and will go play around to see if it behaves better now.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones