• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 6-14 [ROM] Froyo Kangerade V1.0 *Blazing fast, 7 Theme options, many extras*

running blue theme still very good. Only cosmetic glitch is with Google Sky Map icon. Since it is my only app running from the SD card, the icon on the home screen appears like the market download icon. Not sure why that is, I removed it added it back but after a reboot it defaults the appearance to the market looking icon. Again, not a big deal.

hmm. i cannot seem to enable godmode... read-only permission errors...

anybody else experiencing that? I also cannot load a custom setspeed script into the system directory

(running nextheme)

I installed this night before last and it works well except the android music app doesn't see all my music, just about 10% of it or so. They're all in the /music folder of my sdcard like they've always been and were all sensed by past roms. Anyone have any ideas how I can get the music app to rescan?

I am having trouble running this ROM...When I reboot after the install and I go through my google account sign up it freezes when it trys to sync up, the phone will then power down and when I turn it back on it gets stuck on the blue droid boot up icon. So what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Nick

setcpu works great if you want to change the speed

setcpu is for the weak of heart :-p (and who doesn't mind extra resources being used up)

the built in scaler in the frame work is ideal, but i cannot access it. it appears the su/root cannot edit files in a few system directories.

bah, anyone?

EDIT: Eh... i loaded up a kernel with no 600mhz slot and at least i'm getting 250/700mhz by the default framework scaler... speedy!

I am having trouble running this ROM...When I reboot after the install and I go through my google account sign up it freezes when it trys to sync up, the phone will then power down and when I turn it back on it gets stuck on the blue droid boot up icon. So what am I doing wrong?
Thanks
Nick

Did you fully do a wipe on both cache and data before applying the ROM?

That could be your issue and many have done it or rather forgotten to do it.

I would wipe again, at least a time or two both cache and data from recovery and re-apply the ROM and start again. Luckily your not too far into it.

Does anybody have any idea where i can get all the wallpapers for the blue theme? I love them all and i dont know how to get them off the rom. i want them for future use (:

Thanks a bunch

I installed this night before last and it works well except the android music app doesn't see all my music, just about 10% of it or so. They're all in the /music folder of my sdcard like they've always been and were all sensed by past roms. Anyone have any ideas how I can get the music app to rescan?

I have been using doubletwist with no issues on this ROM. Download from the market.

Been using jrummy's ROM's exclusively since I rooted my Droid. Loving the Key Lime Green Froyo!!

Few questions though. In the Cyan remix ROM's I was able to skip songs with the screen locked with a long press of the volume rocker. I was able the change the color of the stock messaging app from white to black. The music widget had forward, pause/play, rewind and a small pic of the album art. I was also able to change the notification colors too. Are these options still in Kangerade and I'm just missing them somewhere?

Been using jrummy's ROM's exclusively since I rooted my Droid. Loving the Key Lime Green Froyo!!

Few questions though. In the Cyan remix ROM's I was able to skip songs with the screen locked with a long press of the volume rocker. I was able the change the color of the stock messaging app from white to black. The music widget had forward, pause/play, rewind and a small pic of the album art. I was also able to change the notification colors too. Are these options still in Kangerade and I'm just missing them somewhere?

Thats normal. This ROM is based off 2.2 not Cyanogen so there will be no features like that.

Thats normal. This ROM is based off 2.2 not Cyanogen so there will be no features like that.

Aaaahhh, I see. Well I can't wait to see what jrummy does with Cyanogen based ROM's from source then. I miss some of these features, but I can live without them for now. Having too much fun drinking the Kangerade!:D

I tried this ROM tonight with the P3 800 Mhz. My temps were sky high. By the time I installed SetCPU my temps were at 138. The only thing I was doing was downloading ROM Manager, SetCPU, and Titanium Backup after I installed the ROM.

Anyone else have these heat issues?

Reflashed the Blue themed ROM, did a format cache/data/system through ADB shell, it's still randomly rebooting on it's own. Even replaced the kernel with Chevy's LV 1k. Dunno what the problem is, it runs nice and smooth, but if it's gonna keep rebooting itself it's useless.

You can still have album art Widgets.
Goto terminal emulator...type su then type music and you will have the music mod.
it is sweet. One problem: DO NOT PRESS THE PLAYLIST TAB. IF YOU DO YOU WILL GET FORCE CLOSES. If can live without it you get some real nice Widgets .

Yeah I also miss the ff or rw with volume rocker.

I tried this ROM tonight with the P3 800 Mhz. My temps were sky high. By the time I installed SetCPU my temps were at 138. The only thing I was doing was downloading ROM Manager, SetCPU, and Titanium Backup after I installed the ROM.

Anyone else have these heat issues?

Try using Chevy's

so, I've got an issue I had to nandroid out of.

After the rom loaded the first time I set up my security pattern.

Rebooted the phone for whatever reason and once it booted I put in my lock pattern and it would show the "froyo 2.2" android image and go right back to the security pattern. had to battery pull to get any where.

so, I've got an issue I had to nandroid out of.

After the rom loaded the first time I set up my security pattern.

Rebooted the phone for whatever reason and once it booted I put in my lock pattern and it would show the "froyo 2.2" android image and go right back to the security pattern. had to battery pull to get any where.

I had this, but I just rebooted a few times and everything came in. I also changed kernels about the same time. I'm on Chevy's LV 1000.

Just something to consider

does terminal emulator come with this rom?It used to back in the day but i do not have a back up of it in titanium backup. I know i need this to enable scripts correct?

Still loving this ROM. Again, great work. The only thing I'm having a problem with is wifi tethering. Wireless Tether for Root Users, which I've been using, will download but will not install. I can, however, get Barnacle to install but it doesn't appear to be broadcasting. I can't see the Barnacle SSID on my laptop or itouch. I'm thinking this might just be a kernal issue but I wanted to see if anyone else has had this issue and, if so, how you fixed it. I did a complete data/cache wipe on install and chose the P3 1200LV kernal from the list. I was using a P3 1200LV kernal with BB 0.1. and wifi worked great but it might be a different release. I just hate to change kernals being that this one is so stable, fast and works so well in all other areas so far.

Just wanted to throw in an update. I flashed the froyo P3 1200LV kernal directly from P3's site and it took care of my wifi issues. For some reason, the P3 1200LV included with this ROM just didn't agree with my phone. Still loving this ROM! I hadn't rooted my wife's Droid yet because I didn't want the headaches but this ROM changed my mind. She's rockin' the pink theme now and loving it! :D

is there a metamorph for kangerade???? i want to be able to change the call screen background. the bright blue on the cyan theme is killing me! hahaha

Back
Top Bottom