• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

6/21 Maintenance Update thread. Rolling out now.

Okay well still no update/fix in Erie pa 11:42 am and it seems strange only one person so far has posted they have downloaded it !?!? He's in Ohio and I'm in pa were literally an hour apart...so Idk!? And no 1 else has got the update yet either across the USA so I'm wondering if this update/fix even exists!?!?

Oh it exists.... We probably wont see it thought unbtil 10am PST, thats when the first GB update hit. And if I remember correctly someone had posted that, thats when sprint pushes out their updates. So we shall see

Upvote 0
Well we shall see then because the last update I manually updated my evo on day 1 around 12:00pm my time in Erie,pa !!! So Idk cause its 12:01pm now and still nothing!?!? And the last update slowly people popped up all over saying they got it...so far only 1 guy said hes downloading it and that's in ohio which is only an hour away from me driving time that is so Idk about this one!?!?

Upvote 0
Voice to text (which I used a lot) is not working!!! WTF?!?!? I have the Sprint HTC Evo. I had planned on getting the Evo 3D Friday, but if it's going to have all these issues that the present Evo have with the gingerbread upgrade, then forget it!! Somebody at Google had better bake a fresh batch and FAST because this one was stale on delivery.

Upvote 0
Other than Sense restart, compass, and netflix issues, I haven't experienced any other problems with my Evo after the first GB update. I'm HW0003.

Sense restart seems to be triggered when some apps are updated or installed. A Restart fixes it.

Still eagerly awaiting this second update though. No dice in N.FL.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones