• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

6/21 Maintenance Update thread. Rolling out now.

I firmly believe its no the updates being issued by Sprint. Its all the 12 year olds running around with smartphones. "My app doesn't work right." Uninstall app then reinstall it. "My voicemail icon won't go away in the notification bar." I would go into applications, find the app, and clear data. Not all apps are codes for gingerbread. Talk to the developers, don't blame HTC/Android/Sprint.

Huh?

Upvote 0
Installed the update at about 2:30 am eastern time, I am still having the issue with sd apps in my folders showing the android icons, and the compass works only if your moving, standing still North is always to the left. I wish they would have addressed all these issues, I use my phone for geocaching, and without a working compass it sucks.

Upvote 0
Installed the update at about 2:30 am eastern time, I am still having the issue with sd apps in my folders showing the android icons, and the compass works only if your moving, standing still North is always to the left. I wish they would have addressed all these issues, I use my phone for geocaching, and without a working compass it sucks.

Correction, the compass works if holding the screen straight up and down in landscape mode, but while laying flat its useless.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones