• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 605 stock rooted?

Dabrador

Android Enthusiast
Oct 16, 2009
Anyone running rooted stock 605? I'm getting tired of these 3G/Wifi issues on the 2init ROMs.

I downloaded the deodexed rooted 605 ROM from the list above and was wondering how it holds up...battery life, stability, speed? Any bloat in it?

Feedback would be appreciated...thanks.

well if its stock rooted then yeah more than likely there is bloat in it. Nothing TiBu can't fix though.

Yeah, the bloat was the least of my concerns. I'm looking for something stable, fast, great battery life and most importantly...something that will stop me from thinking about the ROM and start using the phone.

Does that make sense?

Upvote 0
I did try stock GB for a few weeks but then moved back to ROMs. The reason I left stock was the lag...swiping between screens, opening/closing apps, etc.

Does the deodexed rooted 605 ROM take care of the lag?

rooted and deodexed alone will not change the performance of the phone.

If the lag is your issue then you may want to try a different rom. Personally i can't stand stock anymore just because of the lag only.

Upvote 0
rooted and deodexed alone will not change the performance of the phone.

If the lag is your issue then you may want to try a different rom. Personally i can't stand stock anymore just because of the lag only.

That's what I was afraid of. Any suggestions then on a simple, yet highly optimized ROM? I don't need/want additional customization options, just want basic, fast, stable and battery life. I don't mind some blur as long as I can get these qualities in a ROM. Am I asking for too much?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones