• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [8-1-2010] New Froyo Kernels - CPU Temp Monitoring is Back :)

Working spectacularly for me with your ROM right now Chevy. I don't know if you check these posts at all, but kudos. I've been on SS 4.6 and your new LV 1.2 kernel for a few hours now. First time that a LV kernel has cooperated with my phone, and the ROM is brilliant and lightning fast. If this keeps up I'm gonna have to give it a 10 out of 5 when I write my review.

Upvote 0
wifi tether does seem to be broken, everything else functions great, damn, i love having temp monitor back and functioning but wifi tether is kind of a make it or break it deal for me, chevy's kernels have always run the best on my phone...

i'm running bb v0.4 and the kernel i downloaded was chevy's ulv1gig...

:(

edit: nm, did a couple reboots and for some reason even though earlier wifi tether wasnt working it is now... thats really odd :thinking:

oh well, works for me :D

Upvote 0
I've been using Chevy's 1.1 Ghz med. voltage kernel for quite a while now, and it's worked perfectly on every single ROM I've tried it with.

This version of the same kernel is boot-looping. I don't know why. I went back to the one I've been using. I'd love to have the CPU temp working again, but I don't miss it enough to reduce my kernel speed.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones