• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root 928 Blackglass Theme

Bankswood

Android Expert
Does anyone know if 928 Blassglass has updated their theme for the new .340? OR will the existing theme work on the nesw update?

I am on the .340 and I just installed Fab's Apex ROM by following his directions to the letter. I then had the deodexed 928 on my sd card and did the udpate through recovery and it worked like a charm.

The only thing I did have a problem with was my Gmail force closing, but I went in to setttings/application and cleared the data through there instead of a data reset and everything is running great. There are obviously some icon's that don't have color to them because of the ROM, but it wasn't built for this ROM (which is friggin awesome by the way).

Nearly every rom I've installed had a gmail FC initially, but there was an updated version in Market that fixed it.

AAAHHHH. This was my first ROM update in quite a while as I was pretty happy with performance until everything started getting updated so I decided maybe I needed an update myself. Giddy up!

I am on the .340 and I just installed Fab's Apex ROM by following his directions to the letter. I then had the deodexed 928 on my sd card and did the udpate through recovery and it worked like a charm.

The only thing I did have a problem with was my Gmail force closing, but I went in to setttings/application and cleared the data through there instead of a data reset and everything is running great. There are obviously some icon's that don't have color to them because of the ROM, but it wasn't built for this ROM (which is friggin awesome by the way).
i believe the only reason this worked was since you were already deodex through apex you did not have to depend on 928 to remove your .odex files and deodex for you ,this is just a theory as i may be wrong but i am lead to believe 928 will no longer work on its own to deodex since i have seen numerous people on a few forums bricked trying to use it on the .340 and i myself had the same problem

i believe the only reason this worked was since you were already deodex through apex you did not have to depend on 928 to remove your .odex files and deodex for you ,this is just a theory as i may be wrong but i am lead to believe 928 will no longer work on its own to deodex since i have seen numerous people on a few forums bricked trying to use it on the .340 and i myself had the same problem

I Should be clear in that it was exactly the reason I loaded the Apex ROM, for the deodex. I did not attempt the 928 deodexer for the same reason of the bricked phone. I was just pointing out that the 928 deodEXED (not deodEXER) will work on Apex ROM and my guess any ROM already deodexed for this phone.

Thanks for helping to clarify as that probably could have gotten ugly! Real quick!

I Should be clear in that it was exactly the reason I loaded the Apex ROM, for the deodex. I did not attempt the 928 deodexer for the same reason of the bricked phone. I was just pointing out that the 928 deodEXED (not deodEXER) will work on Apex ROM and my guess any ROM already deodexed for this phone.

Thanks for helping to clarify as that probably could have gotten ugly! Real quick!
i see ...i just wanted to put it out there so like you said things didnt get ugly quick lol;)

Not only has it been not updated but I've personally tried to contact the dev on the forum of his choice. No go. The last request to him was back in october asking if he was still around... that was never answered. For some reason, he has fallen off of the face of the earth for now.

My recommendation is to use a rom/theme of written by a dev who is available for tech support, especially if you are a newbie. Our own Fab is a great writer and is here. I suggest him to folks. Apex 1.3

Not only has it been not updated but I've personally tried to contact the dev on the forum of his choice. No go. The last request to him was back in october asking if he was still around... that was never answered. For some reason, he has fallen off of the face of the earth for now.

Heard he had some health issues. Also hope he is okay because that theme has been my favorite with the customization to practically everything. Other than that theme, Fab is the man and his legend continues to grow. Someone needs to make sure they are near him at all times in case resuscitation is needed. Can't be losing that guy. :)

Thanks for the recommendation, Steven! I'm looking at some of Fab's roms now as I was also running 928droid before this :)

Apex here I come!! :D

Thanks for the recommendation, Steven! I'm looking at some of Fab's roms now as I was also running 928droid before this :)

Apex here I come!! :D

In the for what its worth department, the Apex is SAWEET! The screen transitions were a little hard to not be somewhat fascinated, yet annoyed at the same time, but you can control the speed and what nots with this ROM. They have grown on me literally overnight and being able to put the 928 on it sealed the deal for me. you will not go wrong with this ROM.

Love this forum and the peeps in it.

In the for what its worth department, the Apex is SAWEET! The screen transitions were a little hard to not be somewhat fascinated, yet annoyed at the same time, but you can control the speed and what nots with this ROM. They have grown on me literally overnight and being able to put the 928 on it sealed the deal for me. you will not go wrong with this ROM.

Love this forum and the peeps in it.

I put 928 over apex 1.2 but had email sending issues. I don't remember if I tried clearing cache our not. I'm just saying this to raise a flag.

I put 928 over apex 1.2 but had email sending issues. I don't remember if I tried clearing cache our not. I'm just saying this to raise a flag.

I went to the account, disabled the sync for all the items, then went in to the settings-applications and cleared the data. I don't know why (well, I have an idea), but I battery pulled, went back in to accounts and checked the items I wanted to sync. That worked for me.

Ok maybe a dumb question but I'm new to the Android rooting processes....but how do I remove the 928Droid ROM? I used superoneclick to unroot and my phone is ready to install the new OTA update but it still says it can't install and my 928Droid is still running. What's the easiest way to remove black glass, get the new update, and receive the apex ROM?

I do have the Team Black Hat app if that helps...I'm just not sure which one I need to download or what steps to take

Ok maybe a dumb question but I'm new to the Android rooting processes....but how do I remove the 928Droid ROM? I used superoneclick to unroot and my phone is ready to install the new OTA update but it still says it can't install and my 928Droid is still running. What's the easiest way to remove black glass, get the new update, and receive the apex ROM?

I do have the Team Black Hat app if that helps...I'm just not sure which one I need to download or what steps to take

928 droid is not a ROM, it's a theme.

To remove it, download this:

http://928droid.com/ThemeFiles/DroidX/22 Odexed/928Droid-BackToStock-DroidX22-OTA-Odexed.zip

Dump it on your SD card, open up bootstrap recovery, bootstrap it, reboot, and install this package like you did when you originally installed the theme. Reboot again and you should be good to go for the update.

Just had to report back and share a little bit.

I installed Apex. This was my first ROM and I was a little nervous....especially having to adjust again to something new. Honestly I was freaking out a little at first because it seemed qutie a bit different....but I have everything up and running for the most part and OMG.....I LOVE IT!!!! I wish I had done this sooner.

Thank you to all who pointed me in the right direction :) I have seen the light! :D

Just had to report back and share a little bit.

I installed Apex. This was my first ROM and I was a little nervous....especially having to adjust again to something new. Honestly I was freaking out a little at first because it seemed qutie a bit different....but I have everything up and running for the most part and OMG.....I LOVE IT!!!! I wish I had done this sooner.

Thank you to all who pointed me in the right direction :) I have seen the light! :D

Amen, huh? Usually anything Fab has his hands in, you can't go wrong.

Congrats and enjoy!

I'm a believer!! lol Seriously this thing is lightning fast. I can't believe I lived with my DX any other way before this.

It's kinda like when I realized what boobs are and what magical powers they possess for the first time in my life :)

Now I gotta decide on what theme to use :p And get to bed soon before work in the morning at 6am....ugh!!

I had the .340 with the Apex 1.3.0 and 1.3.1, but I noticed after a couple days, it kept trying to update my software. I went and looked and it reverted back to .315.

I SBF'd to .320 AND .340 and loaded the Apex 1.3.1. After backing up and loading the 928 theme, it continually puts me back in .315. Weird.

It doesn't put you back into .315. It can't. You'd perma-brick. It probably just changes the build.prop file to read out .315 on the phone and the market would recognize the phone as such, but it's not. Trust me.

My advice? Run as fast as you can away from 928. It's out of date.

It doesn't put you back into .315. It can't. You'd perma-brick. It probably just changes the build.prop file to read out .315 on the phone and the market would recognize the phone as such, but it's not. Trust me.

My advice? Run as fast as you can away from 928. It's out of date.

Gotcha. Makes sense. I have gone to NexTheme, but sure do wish we could get 928 ported.

PS. I took your advice. :)

Back
Top Bottom