• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Amplify wifi reception

dano_mbg

Hey all!
I was just wondering if there is anyway to boost or amplify optimus' wifi reception. Right now i'm connected to a wifi network but the reception is very poor(1 out of 3 lines) so i'd like to know if there's an app or a fix to make the reception better.

Thanks!

Hey all!
I was just wondering if there is anyway to boost or amplify optimus' wifi reception. Right now i'm connected to a wifi network but the reception is very poor(1 out of 3 lines) so i'd like to know if there's an app or a fix to make the reception better.

Thanks!

Not as far as I know, because the only way to increase the reception is to increase the power of the wifi adaptor and I would expect it will be at full power, atleast when the recepton is poor.

It will probably be a hardware limitation, also the maximum theroetical range of wifi is 100 meters radius, but you will never get that because any obsticle weakens wifi, depending on what the obsticle is it can be alot.

Hi
the receive sensitiviy will be at maximum already and the front ends used on the LG phones is pretty hot. Your transmit power is controlled by a handshaking protocol.

If you are using the phone in the same place, maybe at home, then improve the antenna on the wireless router.
very simple to do if the antenna is on a reverse SMA connector,

HTH
Richard

Back
Top Bottom