• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Any fully working ics roms for ov

Since ICS is relatively new, most ICS roms are still in alpha testing phase. Anything in alpha (or whatever testing phase it may be in) is going to have bugs. That's the nature of testing phases.

What a lot of people fail to realize is if you install a beta rom then you have to be ready to report the bugs you find. That's a part of being a beta tester.

Edit: Going to hit the report button and request your thread be moved to the All Things Root forums where people can better answer your question.

Ahahahahah. I wish there was a fully working ICS ROM on the V right now. But Devs are hard at work making our dreams come true! ;)
In the meantime, Cold As Ice the most stable ICS ROM I've tried.

I tried Quattrimus and it worked really smooth. The only thing that was buggy was Voice Search, and he still has to work on a few things that were disabled in the options. The rom itself can essentially be used every day though.

Edit: Almost forgot to add; I really do want to try out CAI, and will do so as soon as installing the VM update isn't required (haven't checked lately, is it still required?).

I tried Quattrimus and it worked really smooth. The only thing that was buggy was Voice Search, and he still has to work on a few things that were disabled in the options. The rom itself can essentially be used every day though.

I couldn't handle the store crashes, tapatalk crashes, and random reboot and really needed video cam the other day and ended up sticking with it.

I couldn't handle the store crashes, tapatalk crashes, and random reboot and really needed video cam the other day and ended up sticking with it.

You had Google Play crashes? Mine never crashed and I never had any reboots. I think I ran it for 4 or 5 days. What did constantly crash on me was the Voice Search. I don't use my cam much, and I can't give any info about Tapatalk since I use my PC for forum trolling hehe.

Cold as Ice is the most complete. Everything that I've done works. No force closes or reboots. The Voice Search doesn't work right away, but that's easily fixed by uninstalling using Titanium Backup and downloading it from the Play store.

Since ICS is relatively new, most ICS roms are still in beta testing phase. Anything in beta (or whatever testing phase it may be in) is going to have bugs. That's the nature of testing phases.

What a lot of people fail to realize is if you install a beta rom then you have to be ready to report the bugs you find. That's a part of being a beta tester.

Edit: Going to hit the report button and request your thread be moved to the All Things Root forums where people can better answer your question.

You mean Alpha. :P

Cold as Ice is really for the S, so if something doesn't work, it can't always be fixed. TDM claims he's not really a dev, but him, TheKraven, and the others are trying their best. :D

Its not all bananna splits for everyone else, they are just finally getting it running right on most tablets too. And Im sure as soon as its very stable on most items. 5.0 dixieCup will be out.

Its not all bananna splits for everyone else, they are just finally getting it running right on most tablets too. And Im sure as soon as its very stable on most items. 5.0 dixieCup will be out.
I thought it was Jelly Bean?

If you noticed the OS's have followed the alphabet. Dixie Cup would be going backwards.
Eclair, Froyo, Gingerbread, Honeycomb, Icecream Sandwich, and now Jelly Bean.
Maybe Key Lime Pie will be after that?

Back
Top Bottom