• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new metro phones coming out in late June or July of 2012?

qwerty keyboard? They didn't learn with the galaxy?

I don't think the metro version has a keyboard I think it will be the sprint version however I hope this gets release after the s3 or s2 if it in fact comes but either way it has an hd display I think the price will be nice still not an upgrade for us but I feel this phone will be nice is like a connect with better screen and ics

Upvote 0
it has an alright cpu not the best but way better than what we have for now.
Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 processor shows up in benchmark results

nenamark.jpg

The folks over at Engadget took a look at the Qualcomm MSM8960 Snapdragon S4 processor when they roamed the showfloors at CES 2012 in Las Vegas, and someone else from Engadget came up with an outing of the processor using the Nenamark 2 benchmark, resulting in a score of 54.90. Considering how the processor actually cranks out graphics on a 1024 x 600 resolution display, the 54.90 score certainly places it slightly beyond the Galaxy S II Skyrocket and Galaxy Note devices at 54.1 and 32.8, respectively. All in all, we cannot wait to see just what else this 28nm CPU is able to unleash, processing-wise, when it finally makes its way to a smartphone

Source: http://www.ubergizmo.com/2012/01/qualcomm-msm8960-snapdragon-s4-processor-nenamark/

Upvote 0
but remember metro will get a water down version of the main phone that sprint will have, to keep the price below the $399.99 mark.But overall it should be a good mid level android device for metro, without problems maybe. ;)
yep very true but since maybe dual core phones are a thing of the past perhaps they might let us keep those specs......hopefully lol:D

Upvote 0
yep very true but since maybe dual core phones are a thing of the past perhaps they might let us keep those specs......hopefully lol:D

Does Quad core make a huge difference compared to dual?

fingers cross i hope the current specs stay the same also, and dual core is old now cause quad cores are out. :D

@pcgamer absolutely ;)

Upvote 0
Does Quad core make a huge difference compared to dual?

well as the mobile technology evolves you see it improve and see it taking another step forward from what it used to be. with that being said many ask why would we need more faster more powerful processor and more high end graphics? answer very simple just like in the pc world the gaming industry keep pushing the envelope even further demanding more cpu and graphics more ram, same principle here the gaming industry are joining the mobile world along with many software companies. just look at well known anti-virus companies lol who would of even thought we could have norton, avg anti-virus apps on our phones? who would of thought we could have adobe photoshop on our phones?? in conclusion quad core cpu does make a huge difference in many ways since all these apps consume alot of process and alot of ram and we need a phone that can meet those demands. what if u used those apps on a single core cpu phone? very simple the app would lag ,freeze even force close. so yea makes alot of difference, we are no longer in a computer age where we depend on our home pc to do all our daily activities, emails, net surfing, even gaming. This is a new era where you can do all those things on the go from your phone,tablet.

Upvote 0
Apparently AOL is teaming up with a company called "Cellufun" to create an ad-supported community mobile gaming channel. Sounds interesting.

Apparently, the games will be tested popular titles that have proven themselves on mobile phones already.

Take a look at http://wap.aol.com/games where you can currently play mobile games courtesy of AOL. Eh... after seeing Duke Nukem on an Android Phone I'm not sure how excited this makes me.

1+

Upvote 0
we definitely gonna need to have a way to connect controllers to our phones either bluetooth or by means of micro usb cable cuz i cannot stand playing games on the touch screen except games like angry birds lol. well as u know we turned our phone into a super nintendo game console by connecting it to the tv lol just add a nize wii controller to it and we call it complete. sony is heading in the right direction with their new xperia phone thats super sexy sleek and powerful!!

sony-xperia-s.jpg

sony-xperia-s-white.jpg

and no not comming for metro so no one better say n4zty said anything lol

472183_10150677379543390_1091148036_o.jpeg

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones