• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new phone rumors for Sprint?

If we see it after they launch the Nexus then we better not get a WiMax version of the Note, that would be the deal breaker for me, I want the larger phone and usefulness that it would provide me, but I don't want to get stuck with WiMax when they are shifting over to LTE....espescially seeing as LTE will be the new standard.

you will not see another phone come out with Wimax, Wimax is dead for sprint. Current wimax users will still have wimax till 2014.

I'm just counting down the days... Two more days left for what might be Sprint's 'BIGGEST' announcement.

Please let it be either "that one or that one." :)

I'm still holding onto hope for an upgraded Nexus for us. :(

That would be sweet, but doesnt look like its going to happen. Here are some leaked internal doc's on Sprint's Galaxy Nexus. Training for Sprint’s Galaxy Nexus Started Today, Slides Confirm Everything but the Release Date - Android Life: An Android Community Blog
Still a great phone, especially if you're into the pure Google experience.

I think I'm leaning towards the EVO One X (or whatever it ends up being called), should find out more about it on 4/4.

I was looking toward the Nexus also until I heard it might not have a SD card slot. I'm now leaning toward The EVO One as well. But I still want to see what the GS3 is going to be like if/when it comes out for Sprint.

Well that scratches the Galaxy Nexus of my list. Now its between the EVO one or the Galaxy S III. Tomorrow we will know about the next EVO. I just hope Samsung doesn't take forever to announce their next flagship.

I was looking toward the Nexus also until I heard it might not have a SD card slot. I'm now leaning toward The EVO One as well. But I still want to see what the GS3 is going to be like if/when it comes out for Sprint.

You expected the Nexus to have an SD card slot? While the rumors of the upgraded camera sensor and CPU clock were nice, I knew it wasn't going to happen that way. I just didn't see Sprint having Samsung add that in. They were too busy putting all their eggs in the iPhone/One X basket. One more day for the Sprint/HTC announcement! Super excited!

You expected the Nexus to have an SD card slot? While the rumors of the upgraded camera sensor and CPU clock were nice, I knew it wasn't going to happen that way. I just didn't see Sprint having Samsung add that in. They were too busy putting all their eggs in the iPhone/One X basket. One more day for the Sprint/HTC announcement! Super excited!

Did any of the Nexus phones have SD card slots? I can't remember. When I heard that the Verizon Nexus did not have it then I became disappointed. I thought Sprint just might do something different. But it doesn't look that way. It seems they only do something different with HTC. And that's fine with me. I just hope that is new EVO will have an SD card slot. And it is very possible since we know that the One X has a sim card slot. That slot could be modified for the SD card slot. And yes I'm excited about this phone. More excited than I was about my original EVO and 3D.

I'm stoked about this new Evo. I have had the original for 2 years, and the battery life is KILLING me!! I would love to see this rectified. I also had to root my phone to get proper 3g coverage. Without it I could never get internet going outside of being on wi-fi..hopefully that will not be an issue again either.

Did any of the Nexus phones have SD card slots? I can't remember. When I heard that the Verizon Nexus did not have it then I became disappointed. I thought Sprint just might do something different. But it doesn't look that way. It seems they only do something different with HTC. And that's fine with me. I just hope that is new EVO will have an SD card slot. And it is very possible since we know that the One X has a sim card slot. That slot could be modified for the SD card slot. And yes I'm excited about this phone. More excited than I was about my original EVO and 3D.

I was in the Sprint store this morning having my EVO 3D looked at for a digitizer issue. The tech was talking to me about the One X. He said it will have 16gb internal storage and a SD card slot unlike the other models being released. He seemed pretty sure of himself.

Only the Nexus One had an SD card port. Neither S or GNex have SD card ports. However, I do think we will see one in the 'EVO One X'.

I was in the Sprint store this morning having my EVO 3D looked at for a digitizer issue. The tech was talking to me about the One X. He said it will have 16gb internal storage and a SD card slot unlike the other models being released. He seemed pretty sure of himself.

Ehh, I don't listen to anyone from Sprint besides Dan Hesse. If he says it, you know it is coming. Other than that, it is all hearsay.

That's rumored info that's been out for a week or two. He was just repeating what we already know, he doesn't know anymore than we do.

That's rumored info that's been out for a week or two. He was just repeating what we already know, he doesn't know anymore than we do.

I hear you, but I wasn't even interested in talking phones. He was just letting me know what was on the horizon. I guess we'll all know tomorrow.

I had a Sprint employee tell me that they know when we know. I always try to see if I can get some information out of them. I find that most of the time, we know more than they know. But we will find out tomorrow hopefully.

What time is the event?

Sprint-HTC-April-4-Event-One-X-Jet.jpg

(Googled around and found a good source)

It is happening in NYC. I'm assuming the times listed are Eastern Time (ET), your time zone.

And yes I'm excited about this phone. More excited than I was about my original EVO and 3D.
I wish I could be.

I was jumping out of my skin waiting for the Evo 4G (though admittedly a lot of that had to do with the Samsung that I was holding at that time).

I was then incredibly eager about the follow up. The Evo 3D! But then came a huge disappointment. A real slap in the face for its form, button layout, lack of kickstand, and minimal upgrades.

Now, I'm really just jaded from the 3D. And although I want the Evo One/Two/Three (Whatever it's called. They seem to call it the Evo "One" but it's really the second "Evo" since the 3D wasn't really in line with he first, but if you think it was then the "one" is actually the "three"), that's IFF it only has a few key physical features. But I'm not going to hold my breath this time.

Ehh, I don't listen to anyone from Sprint besides Dan Hesse. If he says it, you know it is coming. Other than that, it is all hearsay.
In my case, its Dan, (what was) SprintFeed, and s4gru.
:D

Sprint-HTC-April-4-Event-One-X-Jet.jpg

(Googled around and found a good source)

It is happening in NYC. I'm assuming the times listed are Eastern Time (ET), your time zone.
WTF?

My invite has a different time. hmmmm I guess the 5:30 - 7:30 is for the media and Dan speaking, my invite shows doors opening at 8:30 for the 8:30- 10PM event. :eek:

Damn, I really wanted to see Dan Hesse in person. I admire any corporate man in jeans and sneakers, and not in the usual zoot suit. :D

TS

WTF?

My invite has a different time. hmmmm I guess the 5:30 - 7:30 is for the media and Dan speaking, my invite shows doors opening at 8:30 for the 8:30- 10PM event. :eek:

Damn, I really wanted to see Dan Hesse in person. I admire any corporate man in jeans and sneakers, and not in the usual zoot suit. :D

TS

I forgot about S4GRU >_< !

In any event, I was hoping that it was earlier in the day also. Looks like I'll have to wait until Thursday morning for the news lol. No way I'm staying awake for that crap.

WTF?

TS

Can you say After Party!?

Fear not I have it on good authority that Mr. Hesse will be making an appearance at the After Party, on the dance floor. Rumor has it he really likes to boogie down. If you think jeans and sneakers are casual just wait until you see his dancing get-up: Zubaz pants, Moon Boots, and a Mr. T style gold chain with letters CEO stamped into it, and nothing else.

I wish I could be.

I was jumping out of my skin waiting for the Evo 4G (though admittedly a lot of that had to do with the Samsung that I was holding at that time).

I was then incredibly eager about the follow up. The Evo 3D! But then came a huge disappointment. A real slap in the face for its form, button layout, lack of kickstand, and minimal upgrades.

Now, I'm really just jaded from the 3D. And although I want the Evo One/Two/Three (Whatever it's called. They seem to call it the Evo "One" but it's really the second "Evo" since the 3D wasn't really in line with he first, but if you think it was then the "one" is actually the "three"), that's IFF it only has a few key physical features. But I'm not going to hold my breath this time.

I remember getting my EVO 4G like it was yesterday. I was in line at Radio Shack at 6am. I had my Touch Pro in my hand. Yes the first Touch Pro. Had no idea what Android was about. All I knew is I wanted that EVO phone. lol.

I really like my EVO 3D but I need more memory. This phone has been giving me a few problems. And this is my second one. I only had one EVO 4G. It worked until the day I sold it back to Sprint. I wish I would have kept it. I am looking forward to see what Sprint is bringing this summer.

I wonder what happened to the Nexus and Note? They are getting a little dated, soon to be outdated, if they don't launch very soon. I've been saving an upgrade for 5 months for a high end phone and nothing to choose from yet.

Back
Top Bottom