• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any new UK phones better than S2 or galaxy nexus??

Not right now there isn't. Those phones are ahead of anything else available. The new Sony Ion looks like it is going to be really awesome! Other than that I think the next great phone is going to be the Galaxy S3. I haven't seen anything by HTC, Moto, or LG announced that is going to beat the Ion; and the Galaxy line usually leads the way when it comes to phones the last few years.

Not right now there isn't. Those phones are ahead of anything else available. The new Sony Ion looks like it is going to be really awesome! Other than that I think the next great phone is going to be the Galaxy S3. I haven't seen anything by HTC, Moto, or LG announced that is going to beat the Ion; and the Galaxy line usually leads the way when it comes to phones the last few years.

when is the s3 and Ion expected in the uk???

I'm not sure, the S3 hasn't even been announced yet. Probably it will be announced at MWC at the end of next month.

I read an article today (don't remember where) that an unlocked version of the Ion went on sale for pre orders already.

I'm not sure, the S3 hasn't even been announced yet. Probably it will be announced at MWC at the end of next month.

I read an article today (don't remember where) that an unlocked version of the Ion went on sale for pre orders already.

i just read that Ion may not come to UK but Xperia S will?

Maybe one hand down. The SGS2 is on par with the majority of features on the Galaxy Nexus. The advantage of getting the Nexus is ICS. Once the SGS2 has that, it'll be all square.

Maybe one hand down. The SGS2 is on par with the majority of features on the Galaxy Nexus. The advantage of getting the Nexus is ICS. Once the SGS2 has that, it'll be all square.

The SGS2 does have a better camera if its important to you, and more storage (32GB + external SD slot compared to just 32GB), but other than that' its probably square. Not sure if the GPU can handle everything for the Nexus though, its an older model.

The HTC EVO 3d is a great phone from sprint. But the galaxy nexus is hands down the best android phone available

my next dream phone is a sony or samsung but has to have 3D!

Why isnt there more 3D phones???? From top of my head there is only the LG Optimus and this HTC Evo 3d.

The SGS2 does have a better camera if its important to you, and more storage (32GB + external SD slot compared to just 32GB), but other than that' its probably square. Not sure if the GPU can handle everything for the Nexus though, its an older model.

I believe that when ICS comes to SGS2, the S2 will be a better phone than the Nexus. The ARM Mali-400 MP GPU in the S2 is definitely better than the PowerVR SGX540 in terms of graphic and video performance.

Reactions: B2L
for my money the sensation XE is at least an equal to the S2, its cetainly better built, has a much prettier UI, the graphics on sense blow away touchwiz, the beats sounds is hands down superior, i have access to both so am not that biased, S2 is lighter, and probs a tad faster due to less intensive on screen graphics... bar that, they are very evenly matched....

There are several phones that some people may consider better than the GS2 or the Galaxy Nexus. The top two that come to my mind are the Galaxy Note, and possibly the HTC Rezound.

The Galaxy Note has similar specs to the S2, although the Note has the Exynos clocked at 1.4 ghz, compared to the S2 which is clocked at 1.2 ghz. The Note also has a 800x1280 resolution The downside is the Note has a 5.3" screen, which can be too large for some people. (But not for me.)

Here's a comparison
Compare phones: Samsung GALAXY Note, Samsung Galaxy S II

I would've compared all 4, but it only allows a max of 3 devices at a time. So here's another comparison between the Rezound, and the Galaxy Nexus.
Compare phones: HTC Rezound, Samsung GALAXY Nexus

We'll start seeing those quad core ICS phones come MCS in February :)

Any leaks on the quad cores processor that Samsung is using (like code name and what not)?

Topic title amended to reflect OP's location. :)

As already mentioned, we won't know for certain what's destined for the European/UK market until Mobile World Congress next month in Barcelona. The Galaxy S3 has been rumoured for some time, so I'd expect the other major players to have something up their sleeves to counter it. 2012 should be another bumper year for Androids!

Why are people mentioning US carrier phones when they are not available in the UK. as the title demanded?

Sorry, no Epic Touch or HTC Rezound there.

I would say, if its the UK market, the Sensation XE, introduced in the UK later than it was in Asia, should be close, as well as the Motorola RAZR. No DROID here, just RAZR, denoting this is a GSM HSPA+ international version not tied to Verizon. The RAZR won't exactly beat the S2 or the GN, but it is very close in terms of screen and speed, and has better body construction.

Overall, the brute force monster of all is the Galaxy Note. The only thing the Galaxy Nexus has over the Note is the more advanced software, but in terms of sheer hardware, the Note can't be beat. In addition to that large screen which is Super AMOLED and non Pentile, the Exynos is clocked at 1.4GHz, making this baby the fastest in Quadrant. It blitzes over the S2. Plus, you get a huge 2500mah battery, so yeah, with a big battery this will last too.

Topic title amended to reflect OP's location. :)

As already mentioned, we won't know for certain what's destined for the European/UK market until Mobile World Congress next month in Barcelona. The Galaxy S3 has been rumoured for some time, so I'd expect the other major players to have something up their sleeves to counter it. 2012 should be another bumper year for Androids!

thanks for amending title

im aware of CES, is World Congres Mobile the biggest mobile conference or something?

Why are people mentioning US carrier phones when they are not available in the UK. as the title demanded?

Because the original title didn't make the UK bias clear, which is why I amended it shortly before you posted. ;)

im aware of CES, is World Congres Mobile the biggest mobile conference or something?

MWC is more specific to the mobile telecoms industry, whereas CES covers all things electronic and entertainment-oriented. As it's held in Europe it's also where most of the upcoming devices for that market are announced.

Sorry, no Epic Touch or HTC Rezound there.

I would say, if its the UK market, the Sensation XE, introduced in the UK later than it was in Asia, should be close, as well as the Motorola RAZR. No DROID here, just RAZR, denoting this is a GSM HSPA+ international version not tied to Verizon. The RAZR won't exactly beat the S2 or the GN, but it is very close in terms of screen and speed, and has better body construction.

Overall, the brute force monster of all is the Galaxy Note. The only thing the Galaxy Nexus has over the Note is the more advanced software, but in terms of sheer hardware, the Note can't be beat. In addition to that large screen which is Super AMOLED and non Pentile, the Exynos is clocked at 1.4GHz, making this baby the fastest in Quadrant. It blitzes over the S2. Plus, you get a huge 2500mah battery, so yeah, with a big battery this will last too.

Completely agree with you, just thought I would mention that the Note does have a Pentile display. (But it's not noticeable, at least not to my eyes.)

Back
Top Bottom