• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Any Time is Grillin Time

New York Strip tonight. Will smoke it with Jack Daniel's Whiskey Barrel Wood Chips

PXL_20240805_165504783.MP~2.jpg

I smoked some stuffed bacon wrapped chicken thighs for dinner. Boneless skinless thighs stuffed with a slice of cream cheese, seasoned with garlic smoked paprika and coarse pepper with a slight dusting of chipotle chili then wrapped with bacon. I placed them in a muffin pan and smoked them at 225° until they reached 165° internal temp. I've made them before but today they were magnificent. I baked some fresh asparagus that had a few strips of bacon laying over them. They were pretty good too. I ate too much.

I'm smoking up a rack of beef back ribs tomorrow. They were a Costco purchase and a full seven rib rack with some meat on the bone. It was no bargain at $3.99 a pound but I've been wanting to do a good looking rack for some time. I might dust the rack with a bit of spice but mostly just salt and pepper. I don't want to hide that rich beef flavor of the rib meat.

Back
Top Bottom