• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone know of some dope keyboards?

I tried this with Titanium Backup first out, which I used to back up the app because I didn't want to have to restore a whole ROM backup if I could help it. TB has the option to delete cache and data as well as the app, which is how I did it to start with, so no, that doesn't work. After reading your suggestion of it, I even tried deleting the data from the Manage Apps menu, still no dice. It does appear that this is system related and not just a Play store problem, because I have no problem downloading the updates from the Play store. It's installing them that is the problem. Even direct installs from an apk do not work for updating either Gmail or the Google Keyboard, so the Play store is out of the equation there and it still doesn't install.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones