• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Anyone tried building CM11?

ZombieBear

Not expecting much since even 4.2 hasn't been able to boot on the device but I was wondering if anyone's even tried this yet

Not expecting much since even 4.2 hasn't been able to boot on the device but I was wondering if anyone's even tried this yet

We haven't even finished 4.1 what gives....thus making 4.2.x and 4.3.x alot harder to finish pretty sure it's been attempted but like I started not much is gonna really find out of the build that is if it even builds

We haven't even finished 4.1 what gives....thus making 4.2.x and 4.3.x alot harder to finish pretty sure it's been attempted but like I started not much is gonna really find out of the build that is if it even builds

If i'm not mistaken I think PG and GT are giving it a try.

PG and GT tried working on it. They are having an issue with it. I believe it has to do with the screen not responding and a few errors they get on boot up.

Yeah we've been trying CM11, but for me it stops building at audio stuff and for PG at video stuff. He told me that his device tree is not ready yet so he doesn't expect it to build yet. Won't build for me either since I'm using PG's device tree.

At the moment I'm writing a guide to show you guys how to set up your build PC and build CM in case you guys want to try and build. I'll have the guide on my website within a couple days.

What about cm9 wouldn't that be easier to build considering its 4.0.4 just as the spirit is. Things would be more compatible just wondering..just A thought. What do you guys think..

doesn't matter what version you try to build if you don't have a working device tree for tha t version then you have to start from scratch basically anyway.

Back
Top Bottom