• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Apps for showing off

If you are wanting to impress at a Christmas party try Christmas Fireplace. You get to choose a fireplace and then decorate it. Then you can add a photo from your gallery and save it or set it as your phone's wallpaper. Or even email it to your friends. It is a lot of fun for a holiday app and it is free.

That sounds kinda cool. Speaking of Xmas, I also found this: Christmas Snow Globe 2.0 v2.0 Application for Android | Entertainment It's a snow globe! You shake it up, the phone vibrates, and then the snow floats about in the globe. There is also xmas music that can be turned on or off to accompany it!

Any augmented reality applications are awesome..
Google Sky Maps
Google Maps (go into street mode, hit menu and turn on compass mode).. When you have compass mode on it tracks your phone and position.. do the same thing as google skymaps and look at the area around you in street view...
Tricorder (shows how all teh sensors in the phone work)...

get the shotgun, free, fun. Touch to reload or shoot and its motion sensitive. everyones got a kick out of it. Fartdroid is pretty funny too if you're looking for a laugh. It's a soundboard/whoopy cusion =D

Don't forget Bubble -- it's a bubble level that works in all three dimensions. Impresses people AND it's useful, too!

thanks for all the suggestions.

obviously skymaps and shazam went down a storm this xmas as expected, but my uncle was also really impressed with iLightr... maybe a bit too impressed 'look! the flame moves' (ah, it's the little things in life :D)

i'm definately going to check out metal detector, bubble and carr matey.

stuff like fartroid and the sound effect apps are fun but i feel like an idiot when i try and show off with stuff like that.

unfortunately google maps doesn't give me a street view option on my Hero, i think this might be to do with it running 1.5

unfortunately google maps doesn't give me a street view option on my Hero, i think this might be to do with it running 1.5

Probably does - I have a G2 on T-Mobile (HTC Hero) with 1.5 and the street view is there....it's just not easy to see.

You need to find an area that HAS street view (I suggest central Cambridge or London) and then tap and hold a location on the map. It'll come up with the address, tap that and you ought to get an option to street view it.

Probably does - I have a G2 on T-Mobile (HTC Hero) with 1.5 and the street view is there....it's just not easy to see.

You need to find an area that HAS street view (I suggest central Cambridge or London) and then tap and hold a location on the map. It'll come up with the address, tap that and you ought to get an option to street view it.

Thanks! i didnt know you have to hold down. this is so cool and it pans nice and smooth.

Three others I've found that are pretty neat just touch apps are groovy fish, spark and new year fireworks. The last one is also a count down to next new yrs.

Best fireworks app I've seen yet. Spark is like one of those plasma balls at a museum. And the fish one is just a pond you can feed em' and move their Lilly pads for hiding.

I don't see that tricorder app in the market?! I totally want it.

gmote <-- just been told about it, play music on pc from phone, play music on phone from pc, remote touchpad, remote keyboard!!!

Bet iPhone already has an app for that!!!! gits!!

gmote is a good one. one time i was at a bar showing my friend my phone. i used gmote to turn on music on my computer at home and guessed it would take 5 minutes before my girlfriend called to complain that she couldn't turn it off. it took 7:20. you can really only do this trick a few times though before your lady gets sick of it.

swype keyboard impresses iphone users.

google voice would be a good one to show people. iphone will never do that.

detector would be good, put it in "bullshit" mode when the iPhone guy starts talking. I also like the "yes/no" app, because you can pick which it is going to decide by which side of the screen you tap, altho people will think it is being random.
I also have MSpy, which I wonder if its use violates wiretapping laws. . .I think it does. . .

Back
Top Bottom