• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Apps not compatible with Galaxy Nexus

I downloaded Go Contacts EX simply because I like the added features the dialer has (search by name, swipe left/right for Favorites/Groups, etc). It seems to work fine but after closing it every time an error message pops up in the notification area... not really inhibiting but a little annoying.

Upvote 0
Working fine for me as well.

Just bought my Gnex yesterday and thanks for the info, Power amp paid works fine. BTW, the stock music app wasnt too bad either. I probably would have stuck with it if I dndnt already have a Power Amp Paid inlocker!!

I installed ES File Explorer and it works fine as an alternative to Astro.

Thanks again

BillD

Upvote 0
I downloaded Go Contacts EX simply because I like the added features the dialer has (search by name, swipe left/right for Favorites/Groups, etc). It seems to work fine but after closing it every time an error message pops up in the notification area... not really inhibiting but a little annoying.

Any noticeable lag or stuttering versus the stock dialer?

Upvote 0
Though it might be a good idea to have a thread of apps not yet compatible with the Galaxy Nexus.

So far I got HBO Go and Flash. Adobe did come out and say they will update Flash to be compatible with ICS. Any word on HBO Go?
Quick App Manager, Allpoint Atm, ING Atm, donot work. When you open the app you only get a small screen on the left. This is really getting annoying.

Upvote 0
still waiting for HBO GO........

Why the f@@k is this taking so god damn long?

This:
ICS reaches 2.9 percent of active Android devices, 63.7 percent still on Gingerbread -- Engadget

Google needs to either come up with a way to convince app developers to spend time/resources to serve the 3% of users who have the flagship OS, find a way to FARRRRR more rapidly increase that 3% number (the OS has been out for four months, now), or make OS updates that don't require much, if any work for app developers to make their apps compatible with the newest OS, or dispatch google resources to work with the top developers to update their apps BEFORE the new OS is rolled out.

All of those may not be practicable, but this is a major issue for Google/Android and they need to address it.

It's sad having this big beautiful screen that can't run Hulu/HBOGo apps :(

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones