• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Are any of us eligible to upgrade...

You *should* be 1-Year Upgrade eligible as of June 4th. Which mean $75 of a brand new phone.
As gold premier he should have full upgrade of $150 after 1 year. The $75 is just the normal one year upgrade amount if I"m not mistaken.

Edit:

Beginning 04/01/11 (April Fool's Day is such a bad day to roll out changes), Sprint is changing its Premier Program.

Silver - $75 upgrade per year or $150 at 22 months.
Requirement:
$69.99 individual plan, or
$99.99 shared plan

Gold - $150 upgrade every year
Requirement
$89.99 individual plan, or
169.99 shared plan, or
10 years with sprint

the gold status on a family plan isnt reached with $130 on your monthly plan. It's reached at $160 and over. Or if you've been with sprint 5 years or more... whichever happens first. For all of you guys who have silver and yet you are getting a yearly upgrade. Sprint is honoring your original premier status which allowed us a yearly upgrade. They are honoring that til June 30th.

as for the EVO 3d. I wanted that phone but i ended up with the nexus because i hate bloatware on the phone and i want a 100% promise that my phone will have updates and support on the long run. Anyways back on subject.... When i went to Sprint at the beginning of this month i was going to buy the nexus full price so i can save my yearly upgrade ( of 75 dollars ..."wow") But the guy not only lied about the fact that the EVO 3d was coming out next year... he manages to lower the price of the upgrade. Needless to say i used my upgrade on the nexus ( it came out to 150 dollars and you can add the tax to that.)

Now this is why i decided to post here. Aside from the fact to clarify the gold status premier.... If you own an EVO 4G since release... you would be automatically in the premier status ( the Original premier club mind you) that would mean you have yearly upgrades ( 75 dollar discount of the full price of the phone) Which btw would lands you around the guess-timated release of the EVO 3D. Sprint chose to honor that last yearly upgrade for original premier members because of this one fact. EVO 4G upgrades to EVO 3D.

Now if your status got bumped to silver you have one of two options. Either get a more expensive plan (individual plan of 99.99 or over and family plans 169.99 or over qualify for gold btw) Or call customer service and argue that you would like to have your yearly update (gold status) back because you have X amount of lines or your contracts is till the year 20XX or you are supremely loyal to them. Whatever. The deal is that you can call customer service and cajole them into giving you back your yearly upgrades. I know i did because i was just 10 dollars short of gold status and i told them i would not activate my 4th line till i got my gold status. Ive had sprint for around 10 years in total. But the Puerto Rico account only reflects 3years. (i had to switch from Sprint in the USA to Spint in PR just because of the area code. People would kill me if i had kept a 954 area code living in PR which is 787)

so yea...

P.S. RadioShack started the silent pre order of the EVO 3D. You have to walk into the store and ask to pre order. they arent offering it. $50 dollar radioshack gift card to preorder and the promise of being release soon since there is still no official launch date.

As gold premier he should have full upgrade of $150 after 1 year. The $75 is just the normal one year upgrade amount if I"m not mistaken.
I could be wrong; but I thought it was $75 off after 12 Months and $150 off (new customer pricing) after 22 Months. :confused:

the gold status on a family plan isnt reached with $130 on your monthly plan. It's reached at $160 and over. Or if you've been with sprint 5 years or more... whichever happens first. For all of you guys who have silver and yet you are getting a yearly upgrade. Sprint is honoring your original premier status which allowed us a yearly upgrade. They are honoring that til June 30th.

as for the EVO 3d. I wanted that phone but i ended up with the nexus because i hate bloatware on the phone and i want a 100% promise that my phone will have updates and support on the long run. Anyways back on subject.... When i went to Sprint at the beginning of this month i was going to buy the nexus full price so i can save my yearly upgrade ( of 75 dollars ..."wow") But the guy not only lied about the fact that the EVO 3d was coming out next year... he manages to lower the price of the upgrade. Needless to say i used my upgrade on the nexus ( it came out to 150 dollars and you can add the tax to that.)

Now this is why i decided to post here. Aside from the fact to clarify the gold status premier.... If you own an EVO 4G since release... you would be automatically in the premier status ( the Original premier club mind you) that would mean you have yearly upgrades ( 75 dollar discount of the full price of the phone) Which btw would lands you around the guess-timated release of the EVO 3D. Sprint chose to honor that last yearly upgrade for original premier members because of this one fact. EVO 4G upgrades to EVO 3D.

Now if your status got bumped to silver you have one of two options. Either get a more expensive plan (individual plan of 99.99 or over and family plans 169.99 or over qualify for gold btw) Or call customer service and argue that you would like to have your yearly update (gold status) back because you have X amount of lines or your contracts is till the year 20XX or you are supremely loyal to them. Whatever. The deal is that you can call customer service and cajole them into giving you back your yearly upgrades. I know i did because i was just 10 dollars short of gold status and i told them i would not activate my 4th line till i got my gold status. Ive had sprint for around 10 years in total. But the Puerto Rico account only reflects 3years. (i had to switch from Sprint in the USA to Spint in PR just because of the area code. People would kill me if i had kept a 954 area code living in PR which is 787)

so yea...

P.S. RadioShack started the silent pre order of the EVO 3D. You have to walk into the store and ask to pre order. they arent offering it. $50 dollar radioshack gift card to preorder and the promise of being release soon since there is still no official launch date.

I could be wrong; but I thought it was $75 off after 12 Months and $150 off (new customer pricing) after 22 Months. :confused:

I've added the details for silver v gold in my post above.

Also if you are a gold member Sprint states that you have early access to new phone releases prior to them being offered to the general public. For example they sent me an email to purchase the Echo 3 days prior to release. Not sure if this will hold true for the EVO3D.

@ Falconey we must have posted around the same time cuz your post was nowhere on the page when i started typing ( so sorry!) :P

Although Sprint told me it was 5 years plus and not 10. Then again they totally lied about the EVO 3D just to get me to buy the Nexus ( which i was already gonna do?....) But seriously people, if for some reason you are in silver yet you do have the requirements to be gold... call in and demand for a change!

Just got off with retention!!! BOOYAH!! Both lines eligible for a full upgrade now come June 1st!! Not going to tell my wife...just gonna come home with a fresh new 3D!!!
ArmageddonX, I love you. (no homo)

Glad to help. Huzzah for Sprint Customer Service! =) Keep in-mind they notate these things on your account. So don't expect to call next year and get the same deal. In my experience with Sprint they will usually give you a big concession like the one you just got once every 2 years or so.

Also, the $150 upgrade isn't new-customer pricing. So keep that in-mind as well. A new customer might pay $199 for the phone with a new 2-year contract. If the phone retails for $500 you would pay $350 for it unless you got the applicable rebates as well.

@falconey
Ohh, nice. This is good information! Thank you.

$150 upgrade is after 2 yrs.

Regardless upgrading online gives you other bonuses/discounts like waiving the activation fee ( 18 dollars for sprint customers) and other scrumptious things too.

Glad to help. Huzzah for Sprint Customer Service! =) Keep in-mind they notate these things on your account. So don't expect to call next year and get the same deal. In my experience with Sprint they will usually give you a big concession like the one you just got once every 2 years or so.

Also, the $150 upgrade isn't new-customer pricing. So keep that in-mind as well. A new customer might pay $199 for the phone with a new 2-year contract. If the phone retails for $500 you would pay $350 for it unless you got the applicable rebates as well.

@falconey
Ohh, nice. This is good information! Thank you.

You could end up paying 350, but they will usually have mail in rebates etc that will bring it down plus your 150 off. That's how you get close to or equal to new customer pricing.

:confused:

im still scratchin my head on how the sprint guy got my upgrade down to a total of 150 dollars. Originally i only had the 75 dollars off the full price of the phone upgrade.

As viewed on Sprint.com

https://mysprint.sprint.com/global/images/mysprint/loyalty/loyalty_savings_chart_379x80.jpg

**Get up to $150 off of Sprint's nationally advertised price on a new device, whichever is better. Amount of discount varies, based on the contract you choose and how long it's been since your last phone discount. Nationally advertised price reflects regular price minus all eligible mail-in and instant rebates.

As linked above, the wording state $150 off the "nationally advertised price" ...it further states that this is ["regular price" - ("mail in" + "instant rebates")] ...where you are eligible for rebates of either kind.

Stated another way, if you have 22 months since your last discount ...you get a minimum $150 discount when signing a 2 year contract. You may also get rebates offered that don't exclude current customers.

Clearly if it's been a full year and have a monthly bill of 90.00 or above before tax (you should have 150.00 upgrade) then yea. If your silver you have to wait the 18 month or 22 something like that. But if you had a upgrade ready and it wasn't used before they did this silver and gold thing then you can still use it then the new rules will apply after that. If they happened to take your upgrade away (like they did mines) you can call them and let them know you haven't used it and had it before the new premiere thing and they should give it back. It worked for me.

to the EVO 3D if we bought the EVO 4G on it's release date?

I saw where someone else had old phone under contract so they opened a second line to get the new line pricing on new phone. Then shortly thereafter had Sprint swap numbers between lines then canceled the old line (probably next day or so). You'd still have to pay ETF on old line, but after 12 months on old contract, Sprint ETF would be around $120. So you get 3D for new line pricing plus the ETF on canceled line (and whatever activation fees).

I have no idea if it would work, but they claimed it worked with no issues.

@MelissaM
That does work but I would only do that as a last resort. Usually if you'll explain your situation to Sprint they'll save you the hassle and let you "buy out" your remaining contract time. That way you don't have to cancel anything and it's just a straight upgrade. Usually... it really depends on the agent you get. :o

Well I know for a fact that I'm premier silver. I'm going to save my upgrade for next year anyway. Would I love to get the E3D? Sure I would. But I'm satisfied with my EVO and it should hold me till 2012. By then I will get the next EVOlution of phones.

Just got off with retention!!! BOOYAH!! Both lines eligible for a full upgrade now come June 1st!! Not going to tell my wife...just gonna come home with a fresh new 3D!!!
ArmageddonX, I love you. (no homo)

So, what did you say to gain you the full upgrade when you originally only qualified for the $75 off?

"I'm leaving you for at&t" ?

Try this email sprintcares@sprint.com they will call back and Fix your eligibility . Email them yesterday night and they called today in the morning and everything was fixed that fast . So many times I called sprint previous month to fix my eligibility because of a returned phone , they would tell me the system would not give them the option. To call them from which ever store I purchase a phone and wanted to use the upgrade $$ . But the guy today just quickly fixed it with just me saying my security question . Thats all he asked me for and Fixed ..

Please do correct me if I am wrong.

My understanding is that Sprint changed the policy some time just after the new year (2011). Any contract that was signed before then is still allowed one more upgrade 12 months after using the last upgrade. After that, it is based on whatever "premier" status you may fall into.

(forgive me if this all was stated already, I did a quick search for keywords, but didn't read through the entire thread).

What I think is interesting is that many of you think Sprint is in the business of selling phones when really they are in the business of selling subscriptions. Sprint having a solid line of phones being released around the same time is a good thing for them not a bad thing. My guess is the 3vo will be released sometime in June and will sell very well for Sprint and at the least will get a lot of ppl into their stores. Those ppl may go with the 3vo or they may go with the other phones Sprint is releasing. No other carrier can beat their price plans and all the other carriers are limiting data or have openly stated they will in the future while sprint is going the unlimited route. So, like phones will lose out to the consumer that doesn't want to worry about data tiers and the like. I think Sprint is setting itself up very well by not putting all their eggs in one basket....

What I think is interesting is that many of you think Sprint is in the business of selling phones when really they are in the business of selling subscriptions. Sprint having a solid line of phones being released around the same time is a good thing for them not a bad thing. My guess is the 3vo will be released sometime in June and will sell very well for Sprint and at the least will get a lot of ppl into their stores. Those ppl may go with the 3vo or they may go with the other phones Sprint is releasing. No other carrier can beat their price plans and all the other carriers are limiting data or have openly stated they will in the future while sprint is going the unlimited route. So, like phones will lose out to the consumer that doesn't want to worry about data tiers and the like. I think Sprint is setting itself up very well by not putting all their eggs in one basket....

Sprint also had a yearly upgrade available that has now been taken away to many who were counting on it, or to new subscribers. Point being - Sprint could change the "Unlimited" thing at any time and that little benefit would be gone too..... Just sayin'.....

Sprint also had a yearly upgrade available that has now been taken away to many who were counting on it, or to new subscribers. Point being - Sprint could change the "Unlimited" thing at any time and that little benefit would be gone too..... Just sayin'.....

Very true, but since their whole marketing campaign is around unlimited data it won't be changing in the next year or so and the 3vo will be out within the next month or so along with all these other releases everyone is referencing.

I signed up with Sprint on evo launch day last year. I sent an email to sprintcares asking why I never got to take advantage of the yearly upgrade. They emailed me back asking for my pin, then after I sent it they sent me another email saying I now have a full upgrade as of june 1st. Couldn't have been more painless.

Back
Top Bottom