• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

AT&T Pre-Order and Release date discussion thread

I pre-ordered my pebble blue GS3 on June 6th. The confirmation email states 3 to 5 business days to begin shipment to arrive on or before June 21st. My bet is June 17th, a Sunday, as a couple of the non-Android smartphones that I have purchased that have dropped on a Sunday.

Just to clarify...I ordered mine at an AT&T company store....

Upvote 0
Man between rumors of problems with Pebble Blue (what I ordered) plus Apples lawsuit I was half expecting to actually not get one until early July. The 17th would be great. I do question a bit if the 21st is the "street date" as it where, if Samsung is going to allow any out early. In that case if we hold ATT to Sun launches, we might be looking at the 24th for in store. We'll see.

Upvote 0
I just talked to an AT&T rep abot my order. This is what he told me his computer was showing:

Order is now ready for shipment (at least for those that pre-ordered on line the same day the order site went live.) Expected arrival date is Monday.

You should receive an email tomorrow (Thursday at the latest) and receive in 2-3 business days from the time you receive your email with tracking number. In other words: Monday.

I really hope this is true. :p

Upvote 0
I just talked to an AT&T rep abot my order. This is what he told me his computer was showing:

Order is now ready for shipment (at least for those that pre-ordered on line the same day the order site went live.) Expected arrival date is Monday.

You should receive an email tomorrow (Thursday at the latest) and receive in 2-3 business days from the time you receive your email with tracking number. In other words: Monday.

That just got my hopes up. It better be real :p

Upvote 0

Be sure to let us know if you do receive an email.

Upvote 0
I'm hopeful my phone comes before Thursday the 21st, because I'm leaving for a trip that day and want to bring the S3 with me.

Checking out my pre-order online at ATT.com, it lists the following:

-- Samsung I747 BLU PHONE

-- Replacement Micro-SIM for Apple iPad -- "Apple iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G uses a specific Micro-SIM that can only be used in iPad with Wi-Fi + 3G. This is the replacement SIM for iPad customers who may have lost or damaged the SIM that came with the device at purchase."

I don't own an iPad, so this must be AT&T's way of including a Micro-SIM card with the phone?

The phone is listed as "Processing," but the Micro-Sim is listed as "Pending Shipment." Hopefully this means the phones are close to shipping? They wouldn't be sent separately, would they?

Upvote 0
I went to my ATT store today to see if I could preorder it there. They told me that it was online and phone only, but that they should have them in stores next week, and they ASSURED me that AT&T would be offering 16/32/64 gigs all at launch. Has anyone heard anything like this anywhere else?

Umm no I preordered at a local ATT store no problem.

Well, it's looking like the 21th, was hoping for something early.

Still not sure how ATT will deal with the fact 21st is thurs and they supposedly always release phones on Sun though...

Upvote 0
I was told while on the phone with an At&t supervisor that they would be selling the 16GB and the 32GB

I called yesterday, and the guy said that he thought the store manager was just guessing, and that he had only heard that the 16 gig would be available. And then, rather sheepishly, said that he only knows what he reads online, and that AT&T is being really cagey with the launch details, and that only the online sales department is being given information about only the online presale which is only for the 16 gig.

Fingers crossed they'll have at least a 32 gig at launch. I was going to buy off contract and then sell it whenever a 32 became available, but if they sell them at launch, may sign a new contract (mine's been up for over a year).

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones