• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Atrix Random Reboot Issue Poll

Describe your Atrix behavior

• Had no random reboots issue since i bought the phone.

Votes: 25 25.8%
  • Had random reboots issue, replacing the phone FIXED the issue.

Votes: 3 3.1%
  • Had random reboots issue, replacing the phone DID NOT FIXED the issue.

Votes: 9 9.3%
  • Have random reboots issue waiting for solution (software/hardware)

Votes: 60 61.9%

• Total voters
OK...

I have found a solution to random reboots issue .The core issue is with the radio. In my case, any ATT radio causes random reboots.I tried every ATT radio available.

Currently, I am running cm9 (dont remember which version but shouldnt matter).

To solve the problem I flashed a Bell radio : N_01.0.07.05P.

Now, I know most have you might have tried different radios before.But this one solved the issue.

I spent the last 3 months trying to figure out what was wrong and am glad I finally solved it

Reactions: Roze
Upvote 0
OK...

I have found a solution to random reboots issue .The core issue is with the radio. In my case, any ATT radio causes random reboots.I tried every ATT radio available.

Currently, I am running cm9 (dont remember which version but shouldnt matter).

To solve the problem I flashed a Bell radio : N_01.0.07.05P.

Now, I know most have you might have tried different radios before.But this one solved the issue.

I spent the last 3 months trying to figure out what was wrong and am glad I finally solved it

I have a Bell Atrix and the first thing I did was flashed to the French Radio. For months, there was no way for you to unlock the Bell Atrix Bootloader. I had no issues with both the Bell and French radios. I always thought it was strange when there were a lot of complaints about the re-boot issue because myself and a friend that both have the (Bell) Atrix didn't have that issue. It makes sense that the re-boot issue is caused by the (AT&T) radio.

Upvote 0
this problem has gotten worse recently for my phone so im tying into this thread.

I have OS version 2.3.6
battery does not seem to be an issue since it reboots even when fully charged.
Like others have noted it reboots at no particular time of day or when doing a particular function.
I have noticed this occuring when in transitional coverage zones like when driving an area where tower coverage is sketchy.
i notice the phone getting hot sometimes not sure what that means.
I have uninstalled some apps but next i will uninstall google earth.

Hopefully somebody at Google or Motorola understands this is a reliability problem and it needs to be solved.
Glad this reboot issue isn't just my phone and seems to be a common problem. I have had my atrix since october 2011 and this rebooting and freezing issue has just started to happen...guess it decided to do the same as other people...the maddening thing is it will decide to reboot in the middle of a sms coming through..not sure whether it is worth trying to get it replaced or not since everyone else is having the same issue...as I live in Australia and got my phone through the Telstra service they are liable to replace it..but will I then have the same issues. Can it be fixed?

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones