• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Back to stock

DoAndroidDream?

Jun 23, 2010
Massachusetts
Can someone point me to direction on how to go back to stock please? Are the old direction still good or is there an updated one for whatever the NC version is up to now? I've been running Phiremod for quite a while but I haven't used my NC for several months because the last time I tried it wouldn't connect to wifi and when I tried again it still won't. Honestly I do not want to have to keep messing with it. I just want it to work in some fashion.

What did you do? :D

AFAIK, any of the back-to-stock guides still works. If you used 1.2 or 1.3 and checked for an update, you'd be updated to the latest and greatest.

Back to Stock
Take your rooted or customized NC back to a stock ROM with these guides. If your NC is unbootable, this is a good place to start.

[Guide] Back to B&N Stock 1.4.1 or upgrade to 1.4.1
(How to upgrade older stock roms to 1.4.1 OR replace a custom rom like CM7, back to the stock B&N 1.4.1 rom.)

[Guide] How to restore your NC to stock B&N 1.3
(Step by step guide to upgrading older B&N roms to 1.3 OR replacing a custom rom with B&N stock 1.3. An OTA update to the latest version, 1.4.1 should be offered.)

Upvote 0
I think it was just stock 1.1 when I got it. Does it matter which stock rom I use in that case?

I don't know what happened though. It just won't connect to wifi. I seen that some others here seem to have had that same problem and it seems like they had to mess around quite a bit to get it working. I just don't feel like it. I just want to lay in bed with it and read or browse the internet. :D

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones