• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Backup CID is missing

I rooted my Desire yesterday.
I was wreck-less and repeatedly tried unrevoked 3.14, 3.22 and unrEVOked-3-2-Windoze.exe
I think it was 3.22 in the end but I am now not 100% sure. Because I was so focused at getting the horrid Chinese spyware off my phone.

But there is STILL some Chinese bloat ware on it Titanium and android SDK tools can't delete it. Bastards use parentheses () in the filenames...

In the end it worked. I did not need to make a gold card, I did not do anything about HBOOT although my Desire's version is 93

Upvote 0
ok i'm new here and really don't know if this will help or not, but i have evo with software 3.29.651.5 and hboot 097 and i kept getting same CID error from unrevoked everytime, so i tried doing things on my own to make it work, the stuff that i did was installing completely new htc sync software(from htc website) and then uninstalled it, and then downloaded android latest sdk ( all installed all packages from the updates) and re-run the unrevoked and it worked ,,, dont know if that's what the solution is for CID, but it worked for me and im rooted! . hope it works for all you guys....

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones