• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Help Bad Battery - Video Included - Please Follow

^^So far I have heard of zero having these issues with charging exclusively with the traditional wall chargers...including me.

UPDATE: So this is day 3 of my Turbo Charger only use and the Battery is performing beautifully! Averaging around 1.5% drain per hour with my normal use pattern. Never had such good battery life until I started using only the Turbo Charger! It's been off the charger for 3 1/2 hours today and I'm at 95% battery remaining. Mostly checking e-mail and a little facebook etc. For me I'm back in love with my Droid Turbo!

Glad to see that the turbo charger is working. Please let us know if you notice any batt life quirkiness going forward as I'm interested to see what the longer term effects are of "turbo" charging. Since I don't have any problems charging every other night with my traditional wall outlet, I'll stick to that for now

You have totally missed the point. You have not mentioned the wall charger at all. Qi/Turbo/Tylt whatever, they are NOT the same as a traditional wall charger that gives a consistent deep cycle charge. I'm trying to find out if any problems are associated with USING A TRADITIONAL WALL OUTLET.

WTF do you think a Turbo charger plugs into? It plug into A TRADITIONAL WALL OUTLET. If you mean an A/C Adapter other than the Manufacturer provided "Turbo" Adapter, then I assume you're talking about a lower power A/C Adapter. Why you would think that would be any better than the Turbo Charger is beyond me.

^^So far I have heard of zero having these issues with charging exclusively with the traditional wall chargers...including me.

I think I read one person who was using another wall charger that had the same problems. I can't find a link, but here is somebody who plugged in to a PC and had the sudden 100% charge problem: https://forums.motorola.com/posts/9019b4e437

Again, my theory is the issue is not so much Qi as it is low-power charging - charging with less than 5 watt (5 volt, 1 amp) charging. It may be that lower than that is ok, but I think the safest thing to do is to use the turbo charger. If not, I'd use at least a 6 watt charger (5 volt, 1.2 amp - other than the Turbo charger, which is higher than 5V when turbo charging, every cell charger I've seen is a 5V output) until we hear for sure that there is a fix for this, a cause for it, etc. But, it's your phone, you decide what's best for you.

I believe that budfox66 thinks that the turbo charger heats the battery pack, which will cause long-term depletion of the battery cells compared with lower voltage charging. Perhaps that is so, but Qualcomm designed this charging technology and I believe insists that it is safe. I guess time will tell.

Back
Top Bottom