• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root bamf 2.0-5 remix reboots

scotty85

Extreme Android User
Jul 25, 2010
so i somehwat nervously reflashed the GB radio and bamf 2.0-5 remix. i think my phone was laughing silently to itself and messing with me... it rebooted 3 times during the setup process. since then,its been fine. i havent attempted any kernel changes,and im not really even overclocking at this point.

so far its got a nice look and feel,and is working well. hopefully well get a mms blackout like 1.7 ;)

i also gotta admit,the themed rosies is sweet looking,and the ability to change the right laucherbutton has me tempted to use it(currently runnin adw ex)

i was on gingeritus when the scare happened,and had a hard time deciding wether to try IX or 2.0-5 remix first :p

just curious,anyone else thats gone back have any issues?

every GB rom ive tried has booted twice,so the first one when it first came up didnt surprise me. it came up again,and i selected english and pushed next and BAM reboot #2. came up again, and i got to the add wifi part of the setup,touched on my wifi and BAM reboot #3 :eek: 4th time was a charm i guess,it came up and i got all the way thru setup and its been fine since. been running fine all day,still 53% on 8 hrs 56 minutes unplugged,but im not sure if thats all that great since i dont feel like ive messed with it much today.

seems the only way i can get t 245 to have more than 50% in time in state is to set a screen off profile with this kernel. ive been tryin lately to just let the kernel do its job but the business of pickin and tweekin kernels still gives me a headache,lol.

either way im happy to be back on GB. :cool:

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones