• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Beautiful Women

Sez you - I never thought much about Lindsey Lohan... and by the way, @joe71 you might want to check out the scandalous controversy Hedy Lamarr stirred up over her silent film "Ecstasy".

I am so happy for those men who say they knew who their soul mate was as soon as they laid eyes on them. That's not my story.

When I transferred from my first ship in San Diego to Naples, Italy in 1986, I was assigned to a barracks near the NATO base where my duty station was. There I encountered a Navy gal working there who, very quickly, became my arch-nemesis.

We despised each other. We determined, in that dark place in our hearts, to make each other miserable... and we did. Little did we know that God had other plans.

It's a LONG STORY but fast forward four years to 1990 and we were married. That was 32 amazing years ago today, and I have never been more in love with my amazing Darling Bride Donna. Just as amazing is the love she has for someone like me. She keeps telling me she doesn't know how on earth she deserves someone as romantic and caring as me... but then, for some reason, she's surprised when I say I don't deserve someone as passionate and incredibly driven as her.

HAPPY 32nd ANNIVERSARY to the Love of my Life, Queen of my World, and Owner of my Heart!

(Below is a photo of the two of us, wearing our hideously ugly Christmas sweaters - complete with LED lights - at our annual veterans' Christmas dinner)

Lit-Up-Couple-2212.jpg

Last edited:
Some of those 32 years were really good... some of them were really bad... but I wouldn't want to spend them with anyone else. She and I have wildly different interests and talents: but it's the CHEMISTRY we share that makes it all worthwhile.

Back
Top Bottom