• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Buy Details

My Best Buy said they would refund my $50 pre order gift card if I chose to do that . I am guessing since the terms have changed since it was pre-ordered, like no free buy back.

So Verizon just tweeted that they are selling it for 599 off contract. This is a huge difference from the 750 Best Buy is asking for it. How can I get BB to match the price? I know I need an official add...but where can I find one for Verizon? I have it reserved at BB...but if I can't match it tomorrow there is a chance I am going to just stroll into Verizon and get it, use the BB gift card for something else. I have a VZW gift card...so that would be convenient.

So Jay, I do have a question that I hope you can answer.

Assuming that BB can match the Verizon price, I don't get paid until Friday. They called yesterday to set up an "appointment" for me to come get it, so could I get them to hold it for me until Friday?

And a general question for anybody who knows, I am not the account holder, but I am "authorized" on the account. Buying the phone retail, I shouldn't have any need to make changes to the plan, should I? Is the 4G plan separate from the 3G plan, and if so, would I need to be the account holder to make that change even though it is the same price?

Okay, sweet. That's what I thought, but I worried there was a chance that it would be a different plan albeit the same price, thus requiring a switch.

So Jay, I do have a question that I hope you can answer.

Assuming that BB can match the Verizon price, I don't get paid until Friday. They called yesterday to set up an "appointment" for me to come get it, so could I get them to hold it for me until Friday?

And a general question for anybody who knows, I am not the account holder, but I am "authorized" on the account. Buying the phone retail, I shouldn't have any need to make changes to the plan, should I? Is the 4G plan separate from the 3G plan, and if so, would I need to be the account holder to make that change even though it is the same price?

You need to have the pin number of the account and last 4 digits of the social of the PRIMARY holder.

So Verizon just tweeted that they are selling it for 599 off contract. This is a huge difference from the 750 Best Buy is asking for it. How can I get BB to match the price? I know I need an official add...but where can I find one for Verizon? I have it reserved at BB...but if I can't match it tomorrow there is a chance I am going to just stroll into Verizon and get it, use the BB gift card for something else. I have a VZW gift card...so that would be convenient.

Sweet. I just called the Verizon Experience Store near me and he confirmed they will have them and have a good stock tomorrow. He didn't know off contract price so I'm happy to hear it's "only" $599. ;) Can't wait!

P.S. About what I paid for my Incredible off contract on Ebay when they were first released so it's not that bad for the FIRST 4G LTE phone on VZ.

Okay, so I just got back from my local Best Buy. Asked about the retail price. The girl said $750, which we knew. I asked if they will price match Verizon, since they are selling it for 600. She didn't believe me when I said that it was that much. So I pulled up the tweet from Verizon and showed it to her. She seemed baffled by the fact that they were selling it for cheaper. I wasn't baffled.

Anyway, she said they probably couldn't price match for it, which would give me no reason to buy it there. But there were a few problems. She was cute, and she was a nerd. I walked in there holding it in my mind that if they wouldn't price match, then I would tell them to cancel my preorder. I'm not very assertive so that was a big task in my mind. Add to that the fact that she was cute, before I could stop to think I had confirmed an appointment to pick it up and buy screen protectors for it.

Damn.

hey jay, have you gotten your hands on it yet? i heard a bad rumor tonight, but i don't want to be one of those trolls who says "i heard from a friend...." and not be able to release my source or proof...

I think Jay was just able to but it at 6:00. He may not be able to get it until tomorrow. I thought I saw him post something like that.

Hell yea. Got a call from BB at around four thirty saying they just got the phones in. Going in at 10 tomorrow to pick this baby up. Saying goodbye to my iPhone. Gotta love the 30 day exchange policy.

I just called BB and asked if they would match prices. The woman told me any local store with the phone they would match but not online. Maybe you got lucky with the TV, but I doubt they will match amazon.

Back
Top Bottom