• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Best Keyboard

Well what is it/what are you using. I am trying out swiftkey right now, its the first non stock keyboard I have used and I like it alot more then the stock one. Are there better options out there?

Used to use Swype, which will eventually be available on the market, but have been happy with SwiftKey for a few months. Tried Better keyboard too, but SwiftKey is the most accurate.

Well what is it/what are you using. I am trying out swiftkey right now, its the first non stock keyboard I have used and I like it alot more then the stock one. Are there better options out there?

No there are not better options out there. You chose wisely, swiftkey is the best/fastest by far for sure. And if you don't like the way it does something, go into swiftkey settings and get it dialed in the way you like it. And if you still don't like something about the way it types, push the little microphone key and just speak what you want to say. It's unbelievably accurate and it gives you 3 versions of your sentence to choose from. I LOVE SWIFTKEY

Normal HTC keyboard but customized to your liking. That's my fav.

http://www.gimpsta.com/themer/index.php

buckskeyboard.jpg

I use Swype and love did. Didn't care too much for Swiftkey or Better Keyboard.

Just keep in mind, you are not going to get a consensus on this one. Keyboards are more of a personal preference thing, there is no "one best" (regardless of what anyone will tell you). You just need to try them out and pick the one that works best for you.

I havent found anything that beats the stock keyboard for all around use, and i've tried everything.

I flip between Swype and Ultra Keyboard. They work about the same but they have different features. Swype is more accurate and reliable, but Ultra Keyboard has more features at your fingertips, and the Dev is quick to respond when you email him.

My first choice now is swiftkey. My second choice is swype.

All the keyboards have free trials. Give them all a shot and then take the best one.

I just got Shapewriter and I like it the best so far. Shapewriters accuracy is much better. I think SlideIT is 2nd. I think Swype is over-rated..

...upon you. Some people really like Swype. I tried it and was quite impressed, but found that my finger 'skipped' from time to time, and also, as well as I type, when I suffered a momentary "brain freeze" as to where a letter was, it messed up the text.

After tweaking it a bit, I chose Swiftkey. Its ability to predict my next word is occasionally spooky, and it is, at least for me, an improvement over stock. It does have occasional quirks (apps with which it does not behave as well) and on those occasions, I return to stock, and may even "forget" to switch back for a day or two.

Bottom line is, to each their own....find one you like and enjoy.

I use Swype and Smart Keyboard Pro.

I love Swype but found for now I like Smart Keyboard Pro for some reason.

In the end Ill be back to swype sometime.

Have you looked at 8Pen at all? It has a HUGE learning curve, but it's neat if you have the time. Check out their website to get a better understanding

Out of the 8 I've used quite extensively the best keyboard is the Droid2 port if your rooted. If not rooted then swiftkey (a little cramped), stock, and swype (in that order) are your best bets. Of course this is my honest opinion :-)

i use better keyboard. it's 2.99 in the market but i've been using it almost since i got my phone about a month or two ago.

plus, there's all kinds of skins for it that you can download for free in the market :) i'm a girl so obviously i picked the hot pink one.
keyboardj.png

Anyone try 8pen??

I downloaded it last night because it was free,
its an interesting method of typing on the phone.
Takes a lot of time to get used to (I am definitely not there yet), and I'm not sure I want to invest the time to master it.
But it seems like a very fast way of typing if you do master it.

Was wondering if anyone had any thoughts on this "keyboard"?

I use, in no particular order, swype, htc_ime mod, smart keyboard pro, and am trying out 8pen. I've had it for a few days and definitely see where the developer was trying to go with it, very different approach, I kinda like it

Back
Top Bottom