• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root Best Sense ROM...

WormDoes

Android Expert
Aug 8, 2010
Massachusetts
Let's hear it... :D

I'm looking to flash my first ROM (just rooted) and I LOVE sense so I want to stick with it. My main "wants" are to be able to OC and UC, apply custom mods/themes (circle battery icon in notification bar, custom rosie's etc)

I made a thread similar to this when I first rooted my Eris and it was very useful and I was able to find my favorite ROM ever, xtrSENSE, I flashed it after a few others and never flashed to a different ROM. Such an amazing ROM!! It was stock and fast as hell. Hoping for the same results now with my Incredible

As always, thanks in advance for the help!

Let's hear it... :D

I'm looking to flash my first ROM (just rooted) and I LOVE sense so I want to stick with it. My main "wants" are to be able to OC and UC, apply custom mods/themes (circle battery icon in notification bar, custom rosie's etc)

I made a thread similar to this when I first rooted my Eris and it was very useful and I was able to find my favorite ROM ever, xtrSENSE, I flashed it after a few others and never flashed to a different ROM. Such an amazing ROM!! It was stock and fast as hell. Hoping for the same results now with my Incredible

As always, thanks in advance for the help!

I'm going to have to recommend desire z, virtuous, and sky raider. Check out
The Incredible List for all info regarding them.

Upvote 0
I gravitated to the lastest Redemptive Revolution ROM, Virtuous custom stock kernel, and Viva Redemption theme on my Incredible. Cool intro animation, transitions, nice blue theme colors, unique icons, and great battery life. I'll stick with this setup for a while. Can't OC with this setup but the custom stock kernel is fast enough for all my needs and I just need SetCPU to be able to underclock when needed to extend my battery life.

Upvote 0
Hey Worm :)

At the moment, probably the most customizable sense rom out for your Inc is Myn's warm 2.2. The support for mods for it are almost overwhelming. It's a great ROM very fast and a large user base with OK battery life depending on your kernel of choice. Really anything ported over from the EVO as that dev section is much busier modding than the Inc community.

If you would rather not flash so many zips and spend so much time modding the cosmetics of the phone, but still want to customize at will than any of the sense roms for the Inc will work for you. You just need to try them really to see what suits you best.

I've run them all and the smoothest sense roms for me (I don't OC just UC) with the best battery life are senseless redemptive 1.0, redemptive revolution 2.1.3 with stock kernel, virtuous with stock kernel, redemption rom with stock kernel, and SR with HTC latest kernel (which is the stock kernel in virt and redemptive) in that order.

glhf!

Upvote 0
Thanks for all the responses, fellas! I'm leaning heavily towards Virtuous and Sky Raider right now. Are both of these ROM's stable and everything works correctly? I use my phone for work too so I can't have any FC's or things not working properly. Coming from an Eris I'm not used to having to flash kernels on top of ROM's. Is it 100% necessary to flash a specific kernel with ROM's or is it just to fine tune and get added benefits?

Edit: Just stumbled upon Uncommon Sense. It looks pretty good as well. So the same as above are all these stable and fug free? I'm having a hard time deciding which to flash first. Gotta love root :)

Upvote 0
I downloaded Sky Raider 3.3 and as I was d/l I started looking at warm two point two and fell in love with the look of it and ALL the mods available. I'll be flashing two point two first and a few mods as soon as it's done downloading. It's kinda funny, I wanted to stay as stock looking as possible and I end up choosing two point two which looks NOTHING like the stock Inc haha. Love root and all the options it gives you. I'll post my feedback and feelings of it as soon as I've played around with it for a while and get everything set up

Warm Two point Two is a fantastic ROM. The customization alone is well worth flashing!

Upvote 0
I'm going to have to recommend desire z, virtuous, and sky raider. Check out
The Incredible List for all info regarding them.

I agree.
It has been a while since I used SkyRaider, but I remember it being a good Rom

Virtuous is a great sense Rom. It is stable and has nice tweaks.

Desire Z is my current ROM. I love this ROM. It is a little buggy. I get the occasional random reboot and force close, but the benefits far outweigh the quirks.

Upvote 0
I have used virtuous 3.1 since the release and couldn't be more satisfied. You don't even need to wipe your phone, it keeps everything in tact and ready to go.

Bloatware is really easy to manage and I have had little errors with this rom. Plus the stock kernel it comes with is very battery friendly. I don't even "mid charge" my phone mid day anymore. I keep the phone off charge for 15-16 hours and by the time I go to bed my battery is just getting to 30% based on moderate use (phone calls, text, video's, games)

Upvote 0
Even though MIUI isn't sense based, I can give you a pass...

MIUI is the best out there...

OP, you ought to give miui a try before you load your sense based rom.

If you dont like miui, load virtuous rom...

And PS: if you are going to try miui, PLEASE PLEASE puhleeeez... Export your contacts to VCF... That's the easiest way to get your contacts into miui. And I have not looked back since!

im on MIUI and love it..

Upvote 0
I'm sure MUIU is great as well as other non sense ROM's but I'm really not even curious about them. I ran a few vanilla ROM's on my Eris and I wasn't impressed at all. I bought 2 HTC phones because I LOVE sense UI. That being said, I still appreciate everyone's opinions. I'm pretty happy and content with Warm Two point Two but next on my flash list is Virtuouso, Sky Raider and then Desire Z (hopefully it won't be as buggy by then)

Reactions: andreezy
Upvote 0
I may be showing my ignorance... But what's the difference of sense, motoblur, and vanilla? I must be really slow. They all are the same to me. :thinking:

I'm sure MUIU is great as well as other non sense ROM's but I'm really not even curious about them. I ran a few vanilla ROM's on my Eris and I wasn't impressed at all. I bought 2 HTC phones because I LOVE sense UI. That being said, I still appreciate everyone's opinions. I'm pretty happy and content with Warm Two point Two but next on my flash list is Virtuouso, Sky Raider and then Desire Z (hopefully it won't be as buggy by then)

Upvote 0
I may be showing my ignorance... But what's the difference of sense, motoblur, and vanilla? I must be really slow. They all are the same to me. :thinking:

Sense is the User Interface (UI) that HTC puts on top of Android. It's their way of making it prettier.

Motoblur is Motorola's UI.

Vanilla is the plain version of Android, so-to-speak.

check out this article for a more complete write up:
Vanilla Android or a custom UI? - Pocket-lint

Reactions: andreezy
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones