• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Big Changes at Android Forums

Okay: it used to be pretty easy so I fault xenforo for this... but HOW do I send a direct message to a member? It's not a previous, existing message but a brand new one. I can't find a way to do this!

Kinda like clicking on your name comes up with stuff that doesn't have a link to send a message?
Screenshot_20240907_124219_Brave.jpg

You can click the mail link and choose to send direct message. If you start typing a member name a list of possibilities populate for choosing. Multiple recipients can be included as well.

You're seeing things I'm not - all I get is a list of the old messages I've sent back & forth. There is no option to start or send a new message.

I see the send direct message option as well. Regular members (vip as well) have an option to ignore them, staff members can not be ignored.

I Admin 4 xenforo sites and they are all different in options.
Unlike Vb, xenforo is made up of plug in modules not script.
As a long time Vb guy, it is very confusing, to say the least !

You're seeing things I'm not - all I get is a list of the old messages I've sent back & forth. There is no option to start or send a new message.
When I click on the envelope a drop down appears with the option to click "Show All" or "Send Direct Message" which takes you to the page @olbriar mentioned.

If you go to a users profile page there is the option to send them a message.

If neither option is available to you, you can try the URL that starts a new message:

Replace "User" with their name and see if you're able to send one.

I watched a Southpark the other day about Lemmiwinks navigating his way through the perilous world of Mr. Slave's body, after being put in Mr. Slaves booty by Mr. Garrison.

Hi my name is OT and I am a Southpark junkie.

Back
Top Bottom