• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Bionic to be released 2 months after D3! (august) + specs?

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
Update: ComputerWorld is now reporting that there was a mix-up by the VZW spokesperson. They actually meant that the Galaxy Tab 10.1 will be available in July, not the Galaxy S II. Sad.
Still no release date for the Function. Come on guys, you didn't really think Verizon would be on-time with a phone release date, did you? That's just silly. They've proven with the Bionic, ThunderBolt, and Charge that they can't do that for their lives.

Reactions: redraider1
Upvote 0
I have to go check out an EVO or Thunderbolt to see if the 4.3 is too big. It might actually be nice..

I dont think I would get a 4.5 inch. If the phone has a signed bootloader on top of it, this phone is completely out of the question.

Droid X, Droid X2 will never be great phones since they have signed bootloaders. Not being able to change the kernel (the engine of the phone) is a complete disaster.

If this had an unlocked bootloader and 4 inch screen (maybe 4.3 - I have to test one out) it would be absolutely amazing. 4.5" and signed bootloader and this phone is kind of a joke.

I may not have a new phone for a long time since no new releases fit my requirements. :(

If you really want to get a good guestimate, try looking at AT&T's Samsung Infuse 4G. It's a 4.5" screen like the Bionic. I actually played with the Infuse today, I had no problem typing on it or navigating.

Since form factors do very, you should def handle a phone first. While I had no prob with any of the 4.3" phones, I found that I absolutely loved the Droid Charge's form factor. It's almost like it was meant for my hand. Instantly upon the first time using it, I was able to type and navigate more naturally than on my OG Droid that I got on Day 1. I've played with it a few times (the phone, too :p), and it still remains the case.

Reactions: jamor
Upvote 0
That sounds odd as Galaxy Tab 10.1 is already being released now. Maybe they want to extinguish fire from their mistake of leaking that info. Technically July launch for U.S is possible since it already launched at the end of April oversea.

That's what I was thinking an employee slipped and they want to deny it like always thats how verizon is. I mean some people got the tab today and it was preorded for many scheduled for june 17 so I think this is just a big cover up. They did the same thing with the fascinate last year didnt say anything about it until like 2 days before they took preorders.

Upvote 0
If you really want to get a good guestimate, try looking at AT&T's Samsung Infuse 4G. It's a 4.5" screen like the Bionic. I actually played with the Infuse today, I had no problem typing on it or navigating.

Since form factors do very, you should def handle a phone first. While I had no prob with any of the 4.3" phones, I found that I absolutely loved the Droid Charge's form factor. It's almost like it was meant for my hand. Instantly upon the first time using it, I was able to type and navigate more naturally than on my OG Droid that I got on Day 1. I've played with it a few times (the phone, too :p), and it still remains the case.

4.5 is just a rumor right now so we will see once more leaks come or verizon announces it but from the pics it looked more like 4.3 than 4.5

Upvote 0
This phone is very similar to Bionic spec wise if you ignore 3D stuffs. Bionic will probably have more RAM, might have faster clock speed than 1Ghz though. But dual core OMAP4 on this LG Optimus3D seems like blazing fast. Android line up over at AT&T looks pretty strong this year. Something tells me that LG might be working on phone like their version of Bionic (OMAP4/LTE) for verizon too.

LG Optimus 3D Unboxing | PhoneDog

Upvote 0
That's what I was thinking an employee slipped and they want to deny it like always thats how verizon is. I mean some people got the tab today and it was preorded for many scheduled for june 17 so I think this is just a big cover up. They did the same thing with the fascinate last year didnt say anything about it until like 2 days before they took preorders.

So some VERIZON folks got the tab today? Or another carrier?

Upvote 0
This phone is very similar to Bionic spec wise if you ignore 3D stuffs. Bionic will probably have more RAM, might have faster clock speed than 1Ghz though. But dual core OMAP4 on this LG Optimus3D seems like blazing fast. Android line up over at AT&T looks pretty strong this year. Something tells me that LG might be working on phone like their version of Bionic (OMAP4/LTE) for verizon too.

LG Optimus 3D Unboxing | PhoneDog

Sad thing is the constant denominator is sucky VZW. It seems since they have leveraged their coverage map rather than pushing great devices.

Based on the sdcard, LTE and price point issues with the Xoom and the firmware problems of the DX2, Moto have lost their mojo and VZW could care less about pushing high featured devices.

July will probably only see the D3 and perhaps August (just in time for tiered data) is whe we will see the Bionic and SG2.

Upvote 0
If it's quad core and/or ice cream sandwhich we are probably looking at september. September 2012 that is. When is the last time Verizon was johnny on the spot getting a cutting edge phone in users hands? This will be dual core, gingerbread, and let's hope we see it by September of this year.

Upvote 0
Yea I was on the verge of getting the DX2. Then this showed back up. I'm more interested cuz its a different chip than Tegra 2. And the added ram

To me this is basically a Droid X with dual core (hopefully the Omap dual core works better with LTE), 4g, FFcamera and better overall specs. Same type of display (basically) and I'm OK with that. Looks like it will be thicker, but with 4g that is to be expected.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones