• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

black screen on phone calls

Drognar

Newbie
I've noticed when I make a phone calls, the screen shortly times out and goes black, its really annoying, I often have to shake my phone to see anything, any way to permanently keep the screen on? I hate this.
 
the blank screen while in a call has been increasing for me lately. It's as if the sensor is malfunctioning... most of the time the only way I can get the screen back on is to hit the End button... which, go figure, Ends the call... Extremely annoying when I'm in a call center menu and can't access the number pad.
 
Make sure the area above the sensor (top left as you're looking at the phone) is CLEAN.
Also, pressing one of the volume buttons should help to un-blank the screen.
 
I'll try the other buttons again... my screen is always clean and don't have a screen protector. It's also random that this happens.
 
Same problem here and it only recently started. It goes away after I do a battery pull, but only for a few days. Then it reappears. I can only suggest the battery pull to avoid it for awhile.
 
Mine started doing the same thing 2 days ago.

I love the Eris, but as a phone it stinks. Nowhere near as good as my Dare.
 
Back
Top Bottom