• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root boost and samsung logo

dirtrider501

Aug 1, 2011
Sorry for starting a new thread when I know there is one for what I am asking but I just can't find it. I just rooted my replacement prevail and on my old one I had the boost logo gone and the samsung logo gone. Can someone please steer me in the right direction to getting rid of them or replacing them with something cooler. Thanks a ton.

Sorry for starting a new thread when I know there is one for what I am asking but I just can't find it. I just rooted my replacement prevail and on my old one I had the boost logo gone and the samsung logo gone. Can someone please steer me in the right direction to getting rid of them or replacing them with something cooler. Thanks a ton.

Just rename these files with Root Explorer or another app .

from
system/media/bootani.qmg
to
system/media/_bootani.qmg

from
system/media/samsungani.qmg
to
system/media/_samsungani.qmg

Hope this helped ya ! :D

Edit : As for adding your own bootanimation , I use Absolute System Root Tools . It has several hundred bootani's and fonts !

Reactions: Addacus
Upvote 0
ahh thats right. thanks a ton. as for boot animations i really like either the android pissing on the apple or the android wasting the apple with a hammer! just my opinion!! has anyone figured out a way to replace the logos with something cool or unique?

from
system/media/bootani.qmg
to

from
to

Edit : As for adding your own bootanimation , I use Absolute System Root Tools . It has several hundred bootani's and fonts !

Upvote 0
ahh thats right. thanks a ton. as for boot animations i really like either the android pissing on the apple or the android wasting the apple with a hammer! just my opinion!! has anyone figured out a way to replace the logos with something cool or unique?

You really need to check out Absolute System Root Tools . It has all those animations plus fonts . It has several more cool features too . If you look through the Forum , you will find a lot of neat custom ani's that you might like . There are also some converters that you can use to add some sound to your bootani's . A.S.R.T. also has a easy feature that lets you add sound once you've converted the sound files . :D

Reactions: dirtrider501
Upvote 0

from
system/media/bootani.qmg
to

from
to

I got saw this thread and wanted to try out the program mentioned (Absolute System Root) so i downloaded it and looked around it

questions
-do i need to change the install location of the animation? currently its installing as a zip file and its bootanimation.zip
-I attempted to install a font but when it askes to reboot it just sits there and FC vibrates and just drops back to teh font selection screen

Upvote 0
I got saw this thread and wanted to try out the program mentioned (Absolute System Root) so i downloaded it and looked around it

questions
-do i need to change the install location of the animation? currently its installing as a zip file and its bootanimation.zip
-I attempted to install a font but when it askes to reboot it just sits there and FC vibrates and just drops back to teh font selection screen

1st of all , make sure that you have Superuser permission and that you are running a paid version of the app . As for the animation , you do not need to do anything . The app does it all for you . Just download the animation and apply it and the phone will reboot . The fonts are a little different . You will need to let the app update all of the fonts before you try to apply them . Once that is done , you should be able to choose your font , apply it and reboot . It should be that easy . That's how I do it . :D

Reactions: weirdfate
Upvote 0
1st of all , make sure that you have Superuser permission and that you are running a paid version of the app . As for the animation , you do not need to do anything . The app does it all for you . Just download the animation and apply it and the phone will reboot . The fonts are a little different . You will need to let the app update all of the fonts before you try to apply them . Once that is done , you should be able to choose your font , apply it and reboot . It should be that easy . That's how I do it . :D

so do i need to rename the old animations?

Upvote 0
so do i need to rename the old animations?

You can rename your old bootani's and put them in /sdcard/goodies/bootanimations . That folder contains all the ani's you download using A.S.R.T. . They are all named when the app puts them in the folder after downloading . You can access these via A.S.R.T also . When you open the app , go to the bootanimations . There is a little arrow in the top right of the screen .... tap it and it will drop down . There you can access your downloaded bootani's . If you have anymore questions about the app , I'll be more than happy to help you if I can . I will be on and off here all day . :D

Reactions: weirdfate
Upvote 0
I'm a little confused, because I have the boot animations as .Qmg files and whenever I put in a .zip file it wont load up the animation, all I get is a black screen

Stock gingerbread no longer supports the bootanimation.zip file.

You'll need to add support for it by installing a mod and kernel. CTmod does both in one swoop

Upvote 0

from
system/media/bootani.qmg
to

from
to

help me plz i delete the reg one bcuz i replaced it and still did not work so i del both of them now i got a black screen how can i fixed this???

Upvote 0
i need help i tryed the boot loader animation but i deleted the stock ani and the replaced ani now i got a black screen wen starting up how can i got a good ani not just a black screen???

Upvote 0
Stock gingerbread no longer supports the bootanimation.zip file.

You'll need to add support for it by installing a mod and kernel. CTmod does both in one swoop

Pass then, I'm not going to install either just for a bootani, I hadn't done either ever in the past and I'm not really gonna start now just for this purpose. Thanks though.

Upvote 0
i made a jig but i dont have usb i been poking all day nothing happens.......i did the 3 butt combo nada.....my phone wont turn on all i left it charged 2 days so i know my batt is good.......i kinda downloaded a rom thats the reason it wont turn on.......but the jig i got but not the usb but youtube shows you dont need the usb it will be easyer but i need help?????

Upvote 0
i made a jig but i dont have usb i been poking all day nothing happens.......i did the 3 butt combo nada.....my phone wont turn on all i left it charged 2 days so i know my batt is good.......i kinda downloaded a rom thats the reason it wont turn on.......but the jig i got but not the usb but youtube shows you dont need the usb it will be easyer but i need help?????

I dont think the jig method will work with this phone.. Its set up different..Sorry..

Reactions: oscar112709
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones