• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Anyone buy this ZeroLemon 7000 mAh battery?

Upvote 0
That's where I got the link...I know its for our model BUT was just curious if anyone boost people bought it and would recommend it. Dont wanna drop $ on a battery if its not worth it. Im not sure if a phone is made for a battery that size...kinda crazy as far as size...here I thought doubling a stock was nuts...this is just madness lol

Upvote 0
yes i own the zero lemon. awesome battery. the only problem is the battery lasts so long u forget u have to charge it. another issue was finding a case to fit it i use a bodyglove case with the back cut out so its more of a bumper. craziest thing is with the kernal and rom im running im getting like 7 hours more than what the batterys life expectancy is. scratch that looks like zero lemon sells there own case now. they didnt when i bought mine.

Reactions: smith058
Upvote 0
Size has been what's keeping me from this one, otherwise everything I've read from people who have it say it's beyond awesome. The wording I keep seeing is "a brick in your pocket." On Amazon, the official Samsung 3000mAh battery is actually around $10 more than this one, which also kind of bums me out, because the size seems to be more like what I would prefer, and the new back cover is OEM as well, so looks like a good fit, but like I said, not paying more for a battery rated at less than half of the zerolemon.

Upvote 0
Size has been what's keeping me from this one, otherwise everything I've read from people who have it say it's beyond awesome. The wording I keep seeing is "a brick in your pocket." On Amazon, the official Samsung 3000mAh battery is actually around $10 more than this one, which also kind of bums me out, because the size seems to be more like what I would prefer, and the new back cover is OEM as well, so looks like a good fit, but like I said, not paying more for a battery rated at less than half of the zerolemon.

its really not that bad because the backcover that comes with it is smooth so it slides in and out of your pocket. i also have a case like the zero lemon otter box style one which fits my phone with the stock battery and thats a pain to get in and out the pocket so i would probably stay away from the lemon otterbox style case. i usually dont keep my phone in pocket tho i keep it on the dash when in car or my inside coat pocket.

trust me if you have the money to spend get it its so worth it

Upvote 0
its really not that bad because the backcover that comes with it is smooth so it slides in and out of your pocket. i also have a case like the zero lemon otter box style one which fits my phone with the stock battery and thats a pain to get in and out the pocket so i would probably stay away from the lemon otterbox style case. i usually dont keep my phone in pocket tho i keep it on the dash when in car or my inside coat pocket.

trust me if you have the money to spend get it its so worth it

Good to know. I bought an Otterbox when I first got my phone and absolutely hate it because of the size and the power button was almost impossible to push. I use a holster at work, but it is expandable, so I don't think that would be an issue. I figure I probably will give the zerolemon a shot at some point, I figure if it isn't right for me after trying it, probably one of the other forum members will take it off my hands for a discounted price if need be. Plus, I'm a big guy, so that is why I like a phone like the SGS3 so much as it is more like a "normal" size for me, so a little extra depth and weight to the phone probably won't matter much.

Upvote 0
I actually had something similar to this with my EVO. It was basically a double battery, packed into one, which made it twice at thick, and yes, twice as heavy. But the case, as stated, was slick, and even made it easier to hold the phone because the thickness of the battery. I just keep my phone plugged in while driving and while at work, so I usually don't have any battery issues. I, of course, probably don't game, chat, tweet, pin to pinterest, or whatever it is the young kids do these days, as much as some, so battery drain isn't an issue :)

Upvote 0
I actually had something similar to this with my EVO. It was basically a double battery, packed into one, which made it twice at thick, and yes, twice as heavy. But the case, as stated, was slick, and even made it easier to hold the phone because the thickness of the battery. I just keep my phone plugged in while driving and while at work, so I usually don't have any battery issues. I, of course, probably don't game, chat, tweet, pin to pinterest, or whatever it is the young kids do these days, as much as some, so battery drain isn't an issue :)

Right up my alley brother! I don't even have Twitter or Facebook, obviously personal preference, and I game on my tablet for the bigger screen. Phone is nice for SMS/MMS, GPS/Maps functions, keeping up on various forums and blogs, and oh, I think sometimes I use it to actually talk to another person!

Upvote 0
I have that zero lemon battery on my S3. I even reviewed it on amazon. Check it out: Amazon.com: Zer0's review of [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Gala...

After a few complete cycles on the stock 4.1.2 kernel, I was getting four consecutive DAYS with normal usage. Currently running MOAR 6 and while this rom seems to be hungrier in general, I can still get at least two full days of use.

Upvote 0
Here's the best FORUM thread I've found on that battery. Hope this helps you out. There are a lot of replies and most seem to love it.

WORLD'S BIGGEST GALAXY S3 BATTERY- ZeroLemon 7000mAh Battery+Review & CBA Test Result--- XDA

WORLD'S BIGGEST GALAXY S3 BATTERY- ZeroLemon 7000mAh Battery+Review & CBA Test Result - xda-developers

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

I use this battery and it is insane!!!
I get days of battery life. I have tried to run it down in one day and it's impossible ;)

I highly recommend this one.. if you don't mind the bulkiness.

Upvote 0
:D

qy4ega3u.jpg

Upvote 0
I have that zero lemon battery on my S3. I even reviewed it on amazon. Check it out: Amazon.com: Zer0's review of [180 days warranty] ZeroLemon Samsung Gala...

After a few complete cycles on the stock 4.1.2 kernel, I was getting four consecutive DAYS with normal usage. Currently running MOAR 6 and while this rom seems to be hungrier in general, I can still get at least two full days of use.

Just gave your Amazon review a "helpful review" rating buddy! Mine shipped this morning, can't wait to get it running!

Reactions: codezer0
Upvote 0
Here's a little something I found if you are a die hard OtterBox Defender user and want to use an extended battery with it. The member went with the Hyperion battery which I've read are worth the money. Pretty sure it'll work with the ZeroLemon. I'm sure the info is contained within the thread.

This is gonna blow your mind at the steps this guy went through to achieve his goal. Still, he's got it working and he's happy with it.
Some may find it useful while others may laugh their butt off. Still, saw it and thought I would share.

Defender mod w/ Extended Battery - xda-developers

I own the OtterBox Defender and holster but have chosen to opt out of all this since I have 2 batteries and chargers EVERYWHERE! It sure sounds nice being able to go without a charge for a few days though. :D

Upvote 0
Just flashed the latest dkp 4.4 kernel test build, hope it's more stable than the first test build for KitKat. If so, I can't wait to combine custom kernel with the zerolemon 7000 mAH battery I just ordered, we will see how many days I can squeeze out of it once I have the battery "settled in." Based on four or five full cycles, however, that may be a month away before I can report!

And the pics in that post, wow; any more bulk and it will be like a cell phone from the early eighties when you had to be a millionaire to afford one of the ten phones total that were available. "Is that a heavily modified phone with a big battery in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Upvote 0
Just flashed the latest dkp 4.4 kernel test build, hope it's more stable than the first test build for KitKat. If so, I can't wait to combine custom kernel with the zerolemon 7000 mAH battery I just ordered, we will see how many days I can squeeze out of it once I have the battery "settled in." Based on four or five full cycles, however, that may be a month away before I can report!

And the pics in that post, wow; any more bulk and it will be like a cell phone from the early eighties when you had to be a millionaire to afford one of the ten phones total that were available. "Is that a heavily modified phone with a big battery in your pocket or are you just happy to see me?"

Bro, I have 2 Blackberry 7520 models. 1 stock black and 1 that's painted white.

I found this image online. Check it out.
http://imagine41.com/media/catalog/...8d27136e95/n/e/nextel_blackberru_7520_015.jpg

Both of mine are Nextel models that have been converted to Boost aka Crackberries! lol. The white one mysteriously ended up with a cracked screen thanks to my then 16 yr old grandson but the black one is in great shape! I will say this, they got the job done when I needed them and didn't have the money to buy the new Blackberry when Boost 1st started carrying them. After some time I finally bought a new Boost Blackberry but had terrible reception with it. I ended up taking it back to Radio Shack and to my SURPRISE, they had the nice shiny new Prevails on the shelf. That was when I bought my 1st Android and I haven't looked back since. I have owned 2 Prevails, 1 LG Marquee, 1 HTC One SV, 1 S3, and my Asus TF300T with dock/keyboard. Yeah, I'm like a fish on the line. I'm hooked on ANDROID and love it!!! :D I am still the proud owner of an S3, Marquee, TF300T, and Prevail which has just been turned into my wife's mp3 player! Sure glad I didn't sell it. I was getting ready to put it on the market this week. :p

Reactions: struckn
Upvote 0
Does anyone know if, those who have purchased this battery and have used it, are you seeing a weaker signal?? I thought I read somewhere that because the battery cover the antenna that the signal is degraded a bit??
Thanks

Hmm I'm not noticing anything but then again I've never compared signals between the two batteries. I am not noticing any real world signal difficulties as a result of installing the battery though :)

Upvote 0
Both of mine are Nextel models that have been converted to Boost aka Crackberries! lol.

Lol. That's how I started with boost... good old crackberry.
In fact that whole story sounds very similar, for me it went: crackberry, first blackberry, prevail, transform ultra, the HTC design 4g wiimax, TF300T, htc one sv 4g lte, TF700T, galaxy s3 4g lte, another tf700t, :piss on Apple: ....
I hope I don't buy another phone! This s3 has to be the last last one, my wife gets so upset that I keep spending money on a "stupid phone", I keep telling her "but it's a smart phone honey" she don't care.

Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones