• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] [RELEASE] Clockworkmod 5.0.2.7-Beta2 For warp Released today

Ive noticed a few people having the same issue with sd cards not mounting/reading in CWM, I found a fix for this, fixed my card today, for whatever reason the filesystem on your card, when you format using windows 7, doesn't set the default partition as a MBR, and won't allow you to make it an active partition. I kept running diskpart cmds for hours comparing the stock and the other. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/ the program there, sdformatter happens to work perfectly, if you click a function to turn size adjustment ON, ( this is after a complete data whipe/format of the card , not quick format), then IT creates the MBR partition needed for CWM to mount. After running the formatter go to Disk Management, Right click the Volume, and click make Active partition, and your set. This is what worked for me so I thought i'd share it.

This is a bug report.

1. Backups dont save user data or restore doesnt restore it. It seems to be there but restore doesnt install it.
  2. Its to damned dark. Help an old man out and add some light.

Recovery not restoring user data is a critical issue:(, what is recovery for?
I hope could be fixed soon.

I'll be the brave one to test if the restore feature works or not :D

Ill keep posted to let you know if its successful or not

edit: Restore complete! IT DIDNT RESTORE ANY OF MY APPS! D: I'm not dissapointed, I took the risk 100% knowing this is a possibility, but I am pretty much looking at a stock zte warp atm (except superuser atm). It also kept my effect_tick.ogg that i replaced and the bootanimation is still there as well.

edit 2: I'm going to re-restore to see if this helps

I also did a wipe and restore. I got the same results.

Hello,

CWM Recovery We have now do not restore apps, so to be 100% covered you must have:
- Backup made with CWM.
- Backup made with Titanium Backup or something similar.
- Save both backups from sdcard to pc.

Better way ?

Thanks.

Windows 7; 64 bit tried to make it a major task to get the drivers to work Lastnight when I finally got around to trying to install beta 2. After I got the drivers and sdk installed right it went off without a hitch, until like a dummy I who had already read that it didn't backup user data decided to apply a cwm backup... I thought I had everything backed up with titanium backup... nope didn't have a backup. on the bright side I did remove some bloatware I have been scared to remove and got rid of the apps I don't use anymore. I now have the paid version of titanium backup, have a backup for my data and know exactly what it means by "doesn't restore user data" it means it only restores the things that the phone shipped with.

Thanks to all who helped with the development and testing to make this possible.

Woodstock77 thanks for the R2D2 boot animation and sound. I was scared to use it till I had cwm.

Go ahead and flame away. I deserve that one.

well perhaps if the first 3 pages had been read you would have known cwm doesn't restore any user data. I learned exactly what it meant by being a D.A. I should have read and known but chose to try it anyways. I suggest titanium backup pro worth every penny it cost.

well perhaps if the first 3 pages had been read you would have known cwm doesn't restore any user data. I learned exactly what it meant by being a D.A. I should have read and known but chose to try it anyways. I suggest titanium backup pro worth every penny it cost.

yeah yeah sry. was too busy helping chev with his rom to read. thks

yeah yeah sry. was too busy helping chev with his rom to read. thks

Its all good. I didn't read and interpret exactly either and learned the hard way. I wasn't trying to be a butt head if I came off that way my g/f says I am all the time.

thanks for taking the time to help the community as a whole out. I for one appreciate it. I would have voluntered but my windows machine has s&@; on me so further testing of anything is out of the question for me.

Its all good. I didn't read and interpret exactly either and learned the hard way. I wasn't trying to be a butt head if I came off that way my g/f says I am all the time.

thanks for taking the time to help the community as a whole out. I for one appreciate it. I would have voluntered but my windows machine has s&@; on me so further testing of anything is out of the question for me.

no prob we one in the same lol. i was being lazy

Ive noticed a few people having the same issue with sd cards not mounting/reading in CWM, I found a fix for this, fixed my card today, for whatever reason the filesystem on your card, when you format using windows 7, doesn't set the default partition as a MBR, and won't allow you to make it an active partition. I kept running diskpart cmds for hours comparing the stock and the other. https://www.sdcard.org/downloads/formatter_3/ the program there, sdformatter happens to work perfectly, if you click a function to turn size adjustment ON, ( this is after a complete data whipe/format of the card , not quick format), then IT creates the MBR partition needed for CWM to mount. After running the formatter go to Disk Management, Right click the Volume, and click make Active partition, and your set. This is what worked for me so I thought i'd share it.

Hi, everyone, if I am posting in the wrong thread, please excuse me but there are so many threads on CWM and oneclickroot, etc., I'm followiingf that I can't keep them straight. Plus, I'm severely OCD and have been playing with my phone for 15 hours.
I had no problem rooting the prevail but although I've tried everyone's suggestions regarding the Warp (I think), it's not happening.
The one-click installation script for CWM goes off without a hitch -- it's brilliant. But when I choose the menu option to install update.zip, there is no update.zip anywhere on E.
Also, once my phone shuts off and turns on again, I can't reboot into any recovery menu, let alone Clockwork mod's. I have tried holding the volume button down with the power, and I also tried the camera button, but nothing. The only way back into CWM's menu is to run the script again.
Might this work if I had a copy of update.zip and manually moved it to my e drive? I'm guessing it won't, but if it will and someone can point me to a download link I'd like that.
I feel like a leech asking for help when I can't give any but ... I'm a professional writer so if you need a cover letter or resume tweaks or something, I'm your girl.
Thanks in advance for anything you can do. Best, Amy

Hi, everyone, if I am posting in the wrong thread, please excuse me but there are so many threads on CWM and oneclickroot, etc., I'm followiingf that I can't keep them straight. Plus, I'm severely OCD and have been playing with my phone for 15 hours.
I had no problem rooting the prevail but although I've tried everyone's suggestions regarding the Warp (I think), it's not happening.
The one-click installation script for CWM goes off without a hitch -- it's brilliant. But when I choose the menu option to install update.zip, there is no update.zip anywhere on E.
Also, once my phone shuts off and turns on again, I can't reboot into any recovery menu, let alone Clockwork mod's. I have tried holding the volume button down with the power, and I also tried the camera button, but nothing. The only way back into CWM's menu is to run the script again.
Might this work if I had a copy of update.zip and manually moved it to my e drive? I'm guessing it won't, but if it will and someone can point me to a download link I'd like that.
I feel like a leech asking for help when I can't give any but ... I'm a professional writer so if you need a cover letter or resume tweaks or something, I'm your girl.
Thanks in advance for anything you can do. Best, Amy

Shut phone off,volume up and power

perhaps I was unclear, 'shut phone off, volume up, power' is what I've been doing along -- when that didn't work I tried 'shut phone off, camera power; Then I wiped to factory settings and started over again repeatedly. (pdanet's installed, drivers work fine).Other things i tried:

• Oneclickroot doesn't hang, it says I've got root, I have no root.
  • Superoneclickroot: ditto.
  • Clockwork mod gets me to it menu, then says it can't find flash.zip (flash zip isn't on e: anywhere or I'd have moved it to root).
If there's anything else I can try, I'd love some help with it. Thanks!

perhaps I was unclear, 'shut phone off, volume up, power' is what I've been doing along -- when that didn't work I tried 'shut phone off, camera power; Then I wiped to factory settings and started over again repeatedly. (pdanet's installed, drivers work fine).Other things i tried:

• Oneclickroot doesn't hang, it says I've got root, I have no root.
  • Superoneclickroot: ditto.
  • Clockwork mod gets me to it menu, then says it can't find flash.zip (flash zip isn't on e: anywhere or I'd have moved it to root).
If there's anything else I can try, I'd love some help with it. Thanks!

to root, put this file onto your sd card; SuperUser.zip

then reboot your phone into cwm (press and hold volume down and the power button down until it boots into recovery, takes 30 seconds or so from a powered off phone)

Click install from sd card, navigate to the file and install, it will give you root.

well, first day off in weeks. Im going to try working on both cm7 and cwm. fix the kinks in cwm first then work on cm7, but jesus christ i got no time. work sucks.

talk with hroark, we've recruited him to work on both and you two together would be awesome!

great to see you back on the threads, you were epic in helping us get going!

Hmm now that we will have cwm, how does one make it the touch interface version and how hard would that be? is it a few tweaks or a whole new source code compilation required?

I am trying this out now... first on the 32 gig class 10 (which is taking forever... looks like a full format will take 2 hours?!?!?) If this works I will try it on the 64 gig class 6.

oops! maybe I did it wrong? overwrite ERASE %, flash ERASE OFF, format %

this fixed it for me n0ve!! <3 n0ve!!! 32 gig working now!!! I'll post back to see if it fixes the 64 gb.

Its very odd tho if the phone formats the sdcard it will not work... (in CWM)

Did not fix the issue on the 64 GB. after trying this my phone kept saying "Damaged SD card"

**Update: after a few formats, I got a message "Blank SD card filesystem not supported" so I rebooted into CWM and IT HAD THE 64 GB SD CARD MOUNTED!! I formatted it using CWM and did a nandroid backup seems to be working fine now.. :D :D :D

Did not fix the issue on the 64 GB. after trying this my phone kept saying "Damaged SD card"

**Update: after a few formats, I got a message "Blank SD card filesystem not supported" so I rebooted into CWM and IT HAD THE 64 GB SD CARD MOUNTED!! I formatted it using CWM and did a nandroid backup seems to be working fine now.. :D :D :D

Glad you got it working, officially the phone only supports up to a 32gb sd, but there are a few that have gotten 64gb cards to work

Glad you got it working, officially the phone only supports up to a 32gb sd, but there are a few that have gotten 64gb cards to work

A few huh? hmmm anyone I know??
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
icon10.gif
you mean I have followers?!?!

Back
Top Bottom