• After 15+ years, we've made a big change: Android Forums is now Early Bird Club. Learn more here.

Root [Boost Mobile] Rom clean up?

UnknownUser1

Android Expert
Jun 19, 2012
I noticed in the atr guide theres a good selection of roms but i notice a few of them havnt ben kept up or updated with the latest tweaks and i was wondering if the devs have left the forum or are you guys just happy with them the way they are or could we get the atr guide cleaned a bit to only included more up to date roms. I havnt seen some of them touched since around when i joined the forum i figure its a good way to suport devs who are keeping up on work and for people to make sure their phone has the latest and greatest the forums have to offer and they dont get an old rom with issues that may never have ben adressed

If the ROMS are solid builds and still function properly then there is no reason to delete them from the ATR section, but if they have tons of bugs and no one there to help them then there's no need for it there.

A lot of what we do is to share knowledge of androids. You can look back at all of your previous posts and threads and they are still there. Why? Because people can learn from them and build from that. That's why we don't delete the older stuff so people can know where we have been. What has been done and what actually works.

At least this is my theory and why I haven't updated it since the last time Starscream did it. ;):cool:

Upvote 0
I noticed in the atr guide theres a good selection of roms but i notice a few of them havnt ben kept up or updated with the latest tweaks and i was wondering if the devs have left the forum or are you guys just happy with them the way they are or could we get the atr guide cleaned a bit to only included more up to date roms. I havnt seen some of them touched since around when i joined the forum i figure its a good way to suport devs who are keeping up on work and for people to make sure their phone has the latest and greatest the forums have to offer and they dont get an old rom with issues that may never have ben adressed

I think that is surely something that needs to be addressed. Don't get me wrong, I am so grateful to ALL the devs on this forum but for a layman like myself it can get a little confusing sometimes. We have some of the best roms in the whole android community and some of the threads start with "Coming Soon" and it can be a little confusing at times. Please forgive me if this sounds petty, I just know how easy it is for me to get off track when there is so many post to sift through to find what I "think" it is that I'm looking for. And I know there will be some that don't agree with this post and that is ok too, that comes with belonging to a community of some of the brightest people on the internet.

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0
If the ROMS are solid builds and still function properly then there is no reason to delete them from the ATR section, but if they have tons of bugs and no one there to help them then there's no need for it there.

A lot of what we do is to share knowledge of androids. You can look back at all of your previous posts and threads and they are still there. Why? Because people can learn from them and build from that. That's why we don't delete the older stuff so people can know where we have been. What has been done and what actually works.

At least this is my theory and why I haven't updated it since the last time Starscream did it. ;):cool:

If a ROM is buggy and there is no attention to it it still should remain unless the Dev decides to pull the plug and remove the link having experience with other phones and a wider selection of ROMs has given me this insite because there are a lot of buggy ROMs but they still function ;)

Upvote 0
If a ROM is buggy and there is no attention to it it still should remain unless the Dev decides to pull the plug and remove the link having experience with other phones and a wider selection of ROMs has given me this insite because there are a lot of buggy ROMs but they still function ;)

I completely agree. I, once apon a time had a rom that I did not have time to attend to. I had it pulled just for the shear fact that it would be kinda of black mark on my record. I'd believe I hold myself to a higher level of perfection than what I released. So I discontinued and removed it. Even better the only version was in a cwm backup and that's pointless now hahahah. Anyways......

Reactions: EarlyMon
Upvote 0

BEST TECH IN 2023

We've been tracking upcoming products and ranking the best tech since 2007. Thanks for trusting our opinion: we get rewarded through affiliate links that earn us a commission and we invite you to learn more about us.

Smartphones